AI crash into me, I get fined 400 ¥

Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: AI crash into me, I get fined 400 ¥

#11 Post by Flemming V » 03 May 2014 07:58

46Gapa wrote:SCS forum moderators tend to make us the guilty party for errors that THEY have created.
Errors we have created? Really? ;)
BWD

#12 Post by BWD » 03 May 2014 17:16

Some times I need to change lanes and waaay back I see an AI coming, my blinkers are on and I get over in the lane he is in and darn if he doesn't hit the rear of the trailer and his "hazard warning" are on, but there is no fine and when I press F7 key ( default for "Route Advisor Diagnostics page ) the trailer damage is 0%. So either this is a glitch in the players favor OR SCS does program the AI to pay up one in awhile?
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.
46Gapa

#13 Post by 46Gapa » 03 May 2014 19:25

Flemming, if you wish to quote me, do the entire quote. ! Political again ? !
46Gapa

#14 Post by 46Gapa » 03 May 2014 19:28

Axel; if the game was fixed we should NOT have to alter the game to play it fairly( your idea). Money is money no matter how much you make. If we alter the game like you say then WE are cheating the game. !
ohaha

#15 Post by ohaha » 03 May 2014 19:41

I won't discuss any statements about forum moderators, but I will point out that we are here to help and "moderate" the relation between forum users. We do not represent SCS Software opinions and policy. What we say is purely personal and is based on our experience with the game and (for some of us, as beta testers) with SCS Software.
Back on topic, I never have any issues if I need to change lane, be it on a highway or in a city. The AI's will always allow me to do it, provided they are not too close to me. From my experience, if the AI is closer than a car length, from the rear of my trailer, it won't stop. So, I will let that one pass, but the one behind will always slow down and wait for me.
As in real life, you must plan your maneuvers well ahead, especially when you are approaching some of the problematic prefabs (that trumpet shaped highway junction is one). But this means driving at reasonable speeds and always be aware of what's happening in front and behind you.

Cheers
Retired, but still loving it.
46Gapa

#16 Post by 46Gapa » 03 May 2014 22:28

BigLarry1950; I think your whole statement that you made initially was twisted to something else because they do not understand what they read. I; myself am frustrated with this forum because they tend to change presentations of they facts to suite their own agendas. I have had problems since we went to 1.9.24.1 with AI's crashing into me at ALL roundabouts in England. I agree that we need rules for posting errors to the forum but we need common sense when this is a bigger issue not just an incident.
I am sorry that you got a raw deal on this.
BigLarry1950

#17 Post by BigLarry1950 » 04 May 2014 00:10

46Gapa wrote:BigLarry1950; I think your whole statement that you made initially was twisted to something else because they do not understand what they read. I; myself am frustrated with this forum because they tend to change presentations of they facts to suite their own agendas. I have had problems since we went to 1.9.24.1 with AI's crashing into me at ALL roundabouts in England. I agree that we need rules for posting errors to the forum but we need common sense when this is a bigger issue not just an incident.
I am sorry that you got a raw deal on this.
I appreciate your comment on this. I still don't think it's right when I'm observing traffic laws, and an AI vehicle drives into the side of my truck or trailer from an entrance ramp (slip road). As for roundabouts, I've been taking these extremely slow and trying to observe proper lanes depending on which exit I desire.
I have done much research into this, and one thing is clear, vehicles should NOT pass (overtake) any truck with trailer while in a roundabout as shown in this video from state of Washington, USA. I also found these same rules in the drivers manual for United Kingdom (referring to long vehicles).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVh04m6xHxw#t=4m52s :?
Last edited by BigLarry1950 on 04 May 2014 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
BWD

#18 Post by BWD » 04 May 2014 04:41

Amen to that youtube video BigLarry. I do hope that SCS is watching the vid ( also Promods ), as some of the AI does wait for you and in some turnabouts they crash into you.

I keep watching for a chance to get a pic of this on some roundabout but it happens before I can click. I'll get it soon.

I've found most of them are on the ProMods side of the fence and quite a few in UK. Europe and the DLC area seem more civilized.
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.
Axel Slingerland

#19 Post by Axel Slingerland » 04 May 2014 05:42

46Gapa wrote:Axel; if the game was fixed we should NOT have to alter the game to play it fairly( your idea). Money is money no matter how much you make. If we alter the game like you say then WE are cheating the game. !
Using mods is cheating? That's pretty out there, Bud. Personally, I would rather use mods and tweak the game to my liking than complain about something that may never get "fixed". But you go ahead and complain if it makes you feel better. But be forewarned... I seriously doubt it will do you any good if you continue to do it with an attitude like you have been for awhile now. It's one thing to point out bugs, it's another to make it sound like people are doing it on purpose. Specially people who don't even have anything to do with the production of the game.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
BigLarry1950

#20 Post by BigLarry1950 » 04 May 2014 05:57

I didn't have an attitude, until I was accused of aggressive driving early on in this subject posting. After seeing many YouTube videos from gamers, it seems the majority try and complete jobs with the fewest number of fines and accidents. But it seems, nobody hears that, they just want to point fingers at the users.
8-)

Return to “Bugs 1.9”