Speeding fines

WerewolfCustoms

Re: Speeding fines

#21 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 01 Jun 2014 17:04

Axel - not all places have that way of fines. Most countries have fixed fine amounts. In some places you can 'gather' points. When you reach a high enough number of points, you hand over your license.
Reece

#22 Post by Reece » 13 Jun 2014 11:06

Well looks like someone was thinking of me Max, this from the blog: :D
Another feature is worth mentioning - displaying current road speed limit in Route Advisor, similar as it's available in common car GPS devices. Our Route Advisor tries to be even smarter about it - it will show *truck specific* speed limits - our game is about trucks after all. So limits for normal cars must be in some places capped by the country's truck speed maximum allowed. This feature is optional, so you can track speed limits on your own if you prefer, and hide speed limit Route Advisor icon in game Options.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-otmQh0qP-NU/U ... _00336.jpg
Axel Slingerland

#23 Post by Axel Slingerland » 14 Jun 2014 03:08

WerewolfCustoms wrote:Axel - not all places have that way of fines. Most countries have fixed fine amounts. In some places you can 'gather' points. When you reach a high enough number of points, you hand over your license.
Yep. We have the same thing here, but with the incrementally increasing fines as well. In fact, because a bicycle is considered a "vehicle" by the California Vehicle Code, if you get enough tickets while riding a bicycle to get to the same point where you would lose your license as a result of getting tickets in a car, you can still lose your drivers license even though you were not driving a car...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
CTclothbagco

#24 Post by CTclothbagco » 17 Jun 2014 08:50

Max wrote:what is that hard to accept of fact that speed limit in germany for truck is 80kmh even on hiway?
cameras have cca 10% tolerance, so they detect offense on 88kmh and more.
Just a suggestion, but it may have been helpful to people that don't know about the different limits in Europe (like myself)
to state what the "Corrected speed limit" was. When I saw that in the patch notes, I thought the limits had been wrong before
and were corrected to 90 km/h, not that a limit of 80 km/h had been enforced.
WerewolfCustoms

#25 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 17 Jun 2014 09:06

Well, after the next update, we'll always know what's the speed limit on the roads that we'll be driving on...
... I hope the small advisor get's updated... I don't like the big vanilla ones... :)
CTclothbagco

#26 Post by CTclothbagco » 17 Jun 2014 12:12

It would be good if they also put the speed in the on board GPS, as I have the Route Adviser off when driving,
as I like to try to drive as realistic as possible.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#27 Post by Wolfi » 17 Jun 2014 12:39

Maybe some special display of the onboard computer like those "sign recognisers" you get with new cars....
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Baja_002

#28 Post by Baja_002 » 19 Jun 2014 14:11

Well the law in Croatia says 80 km/h for the truck.... however you can drive 90 km/h because police doesn't write a tickets for that. Same goes for the cars; when driving on highway, you are not allowed to go above the 130 km/h by the law. The police, in this case, won't write a ticket for going cca 150 km/h
DicheBach

#29 Post by DicheBach » 27 Jun 2014 14:10

Niklas1997 wrote:Are you sure, that you don't going over the speedlimit?

A list of speed limits on motorways in Europe for trucks:
80km/h in Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
90km/h in Slovakia, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, France
96km/h in Great Britain

Source: http://www.autokiste.de/verkehrsrecht/tempolimits.htm

Oh wow. That answers so many questions I had.

No WONDER I keep getting speeding fines! I thought those speed limit signs applied to me and my big rig :lol:
BWD

#30 Post by BWD » 05 Jul 2014 21:38

Guess I was on the same road as Reece and doing 90 Kph. The sigh is what I obey NOT what an individual tells me. If Germany, Etc. has different speeds for trucks than posted in game THEN put up some TRUCK speed limit signs as I'm sure in real life they are along highways.

Click on pic to enlarge.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Those fines kind of hurt especially when you think you are doing right.

Bottom line I hope in the next patch ( 1.11.x ? ) this speed limit thing is corrected.
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Return to “Bugs 1.10”