Speeding fines

User avatar
BWD
Posts: 319
Joined: 10 Aug 2013 13:18
Location: Morris, Illinois USA

Re: Speeding fines

#41 Post by BWD » 07 Jul 2014 19:17

Reinhard wrote:Any speed limit sign at a road forbids to drive faster. It doesn't allow everybody to drive that speed. Of course general limits for trucks will cut your allowed speed down, regardless what any visible limit suggests by picturing a higher value.
BWD wrote:TRUCK speed limit signs as I'm sure in real life they are along highways.
No. Every country has its own general max truck speed limits. These are defined by the law. Every truck driver has to know these limits when he enters the country.
So you are saying that the non truck drivers are naïve and can't remember the speed limits so they need speed limit signs and the truckers don't.
Sorry but I find that very hard to believe. :?
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

User avatar
DicheBach
Posts: 99
Joined: 27 Jun 2014 04:15
Location: Atlanta

Re: Speeding fines

#42 Post by DicheBach » 07 Jul 2014 19:19

BWD wrote:
jarvik79 wrote:It already is correct. There is a sign at the border of each country that tells you the maximum speed for trucks.
If you don't take notice of them, it's your own fault for getting fined.
Jarvik79 where is the truck speed limit on this border sign?

Click on pic to enlarge.

Image

Or this one?

Image

Looks like a free for all to me. :)
You may have missed, but Reinhard already pretty much answered that question
Reinhard wrote:Any speed limit sign at a road forbids to drive faster. It doesn't allow everybody to drive that speed. Of course general limits for trucks will cut your allowed speed down, regardless what any visible limit suggests by picturing a higher value.
BWD wrote:TRUCK speed limit signs as I'm sure in real life they are along highways.
No. Every country has its own general max truck speed limits. These are defined by the law. Every truck driver has to know these limits when he enters the country.

User avatar
BWD
Posts: 319
Joined: 10 Aug 2013 13:18
Location: Morris, Illinois USA

Re: Speeding fines

#43 Post by BWD » 07 Jul 2014 19:31

Right DicheBach, I'm just pushing it a little. :twisted:

Long time since I've been in the Peach State. :)
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

User avatar
Axel Slingerland
Posts: 9035
Joined: 22 Oct 2013 07:55
Location: The Lost Coast

Re: Speeding fines

#44 Post by Axel Slingerland » 07 Jul 2014 19:57

jarvik79 wrote:No Axel, it means the fastest speed on that road is 70, it does not necessarily mean the vehicle you are driving is allowed to travel at that speed, which is the context Reinhard was providing.
Alright, let me rephrase that statement then...

If the speed limit for the vehicle you are driving is 70 then you can do 70. 71 or faster is illegal, but the limit is 70 not almost 70. At least that is the way it is in the good ol' US of A. On freeways, we have signs like this or something similar.

Image

The law requires you to know which part of the sign pertains to you. The speed limit for other vehicles is irrelevant.
You can call me Ax

Image

User avatar
Reinhard
Posts: 5208
Joined: 20 Dec 2012 16:46
Location: Nimby, District of Berlin

Re: Speeding fines

#45 Post by Reinhard » 07 Jul 2014 22:04

BWD wrote: So you are saying that the non truck drivers are naïve and can't remember the speed limits so they need speed limit signs and the truckers don't.
Sorry but I find that very hard to believe. :?
That's your conclusion, I just reported the facts and said nothing like this.

Not knowing the different limits for cars all over Europe isn't naive. Its pretty much natural. If someone plans to drive in a foreign country, he better learns the basic differences in domestic rules, in advance.

So these displays at the borders are just a friendly reminder for car drivers, which rarely have a a significant international mileage.

There may be other likewise signs with information for truck-drivers as well, at some border roads, who knows. But fore sure not on every border. Anyway, what SCS has done here is correct, I have seen some of these signs, thats how they look.

All along the highways and other roads in Germany there are no indications of the general max limits for trucks, for sure. You got to know it. Can tell the same for the few other European countries where I traveled some roads.

User avatar
Uzi
Posts: 244
Joined: 02 Jul 2014 15:42
Location: Texas , USA

Re: Speeding fines

#46 Post by Uzi » 08 Jul 2014 16:42

Axel Slingerland wrote:
jarvik79 wrote:No Axel, it means the fastest speed on that road is 70, it does not necessarily mean the vehicle you are driving is allowed to travel at that speed, which is the context Reinhard was providing.
Alright, let me rephrase that statement then...

If the speed limit for the vehicle you are driving is 70 then you can do 70. 71 or faster is illegal, but the limit is 70 not almost 70. At least that is the way it is in the good ol' US of A. On freeways, we have signs like this or something similar.

Image

The law requires you to know which part of the sign pertains to you. The speed limit for other vehicles is irrelevant.


LoL. I learned much from reading this thread.

I had no idea that EU had such regulations . Someone at SCS should write a ETS Driving Regulation for us dumb Americans who
have never set foot outside of our country. Hahaha.

Yah, I'm used to big wheel rigs in the USA going hells bells fast at same rate as other traffic , either at posted speed or at the imagined
speed limit people seem to set on their own. (yah, looking at yiou speeders).

As your post so well points out, us dummy Americans are used to signs like the one you put up, limits signs I see like that all over
the place here in Texas.

So, anyway, not a bug eh? Just us dummies not knowing the unwritten truck laws for driving in the EU in ETS.

Got it.

User avatar
Reinhard
Posts: 5208
Joined: 20 Dec 2012 16:46
Location: Nimby, District of Berlin

Re: Speeding fines

#47 Post by Reinhard » 08 Jul 2014 16:54

Well, have been told that people from here have also their difficulties in the United States.

Signs depicting north, east, south and west. Which mean you have to have a clue where you are even with a hangover. Slower driving. Police expect you to stop while following you with all that disco FX, instead of overtaking you and tell you to stop. Shooting you if you grab for your license without request. Sometimes. At least the movies say so. :mrgreen:

Countries are different, and that's part of the fun.

User avatar
Max
SCS Software
Posts: 6119
Joined: 26 Nov 2012 10:00
Location: SCS, Prague

Re: Speeding fines

#48 Post by Max » 08 Jul 2014 20:12

fyi, from update 1.11 you can have truck speed limit info present on GPS navigation map.
there you can see what is allowed and where.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

User avatar
BWD
Posts: 319
Joined: 10 Aug 2013 13:18
Location: Morris, Illinois USA

Re: Speeding fines

#49 Post by BWD » 08 Jul 2014 21:09

Image Max, Thank You!!
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.

Post Reply

Return to “Bugs 1.10”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest