AI on Wrong side of road

Reef

Re: AI on Wrong side of road

#11 Post by Reef » 04 Jul 2014 12:59

Flemming V wrote:I am pretty sure Max know.. :lol:
Well they don't appear to know that Wales is a part of the UK and has its own flag, so no I don't assume at all... Unless of course there is some ancient bad blood history between the Czechs and the Welsh and they left Wales out on purpose?
Reinhard

#12 Post by Reinhard » 04 Jul 2014 13:25

Reef wrote:Unless of course there is some ancient bad blood history between the Czechs and the Welsh and they left Wales out on purpose?
Battle of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllanty­siliogogogoch, perhaps?

No, they did Wales, but the graphics engine font subsystem refused to render the train station name, so SCS gave up. :D

[ external image ]
(Source: Adriao at pt.wikipedia/WikiMedia)
MistyRonin

#13 Post by MistyRonin » 04 Jul 2014 15:28

That happened to me in real life when I visited UK. All the drivers drove in the wrong side!
GamerHacker

#14 Post by GamerHacker » 04 Jul 2014 19:05

I forget to say that i dont use mods!
GamerHacker

#15 Post by GamerHacker » 04 Jul 2014 19:08

Turt213 wrote:I think I see another bug in that screenshot, the right rear wheel appears not to be touching the road, according to the shadow.
Yes it looks like that!
Reinhard

#16 Post by Reinhard » 05 Jul 2014 06:55

GamerHacker wrote:I forget to say that i dont use mods!
Well, then I would say it is indeed one of the usual accidents that happens from time to time.

My theory is that these "disoriented car accidents" are happening when new vehicles are spawned in a bad moment, resulting in pushing a vehicle cross the lanes. But I never witnessed such event, only the desperate acting vehicles itself, so this is just a wild guess.

But I'm sure SCS is aware of these problems already and will try to solve it.
GamerHacker

#17 Post by GamerHacker » 05 Jul 2014 11:42

Reinhard wrote:
GamerHacker wrote:I forget to say that i dont use mods!
Well, then I would say it is indeed one of the usual accidents that happens from time to time.

My theory is that these "disoriented car accidents" are happening when new vehicles are spawned in a bad moment, resulting in pushing a vehicle cross the lanes. But I never witnessed such event, only the desperate acting vehicles itself, so this is just a wild guess.

But I'm sure SCS is aware of these problems already and will try to solve it.
No problem thanks for answer :)
DicheBach

#18 Post by DicheBach » 05 Jul 2014 15:04

It is probably rather beyond the existing engine, but it would be very cool if AI drivers could be given a 'personality,' just a simple categorical trait with perhaps 7 or 8 values, and I guess each value carrying modifiers for parameters that shape AI driving behavior?

Granny - drives REALLY slow
Kiddo - drives fast, then slow, then swerves, then stops inexplicably
Rambo - speeds constantly, loves to overtake no matter the consequences
Junkie - speed varies from far too slow gradually up to far too fast, culminating in a fit of swerving as the driver passes out and reawakens
Right-hand Robbie - hogs the right lane (or left if UK) but doesn't quite go fast enough to pass anyone in the other lane
Evil Knievel - drives relatively normally, until coming to a downhill and/or curve, at which point speeds up 300%
The Blonde - Runs over curbs, heads wrong way into one-way roads, stops in the middle of intersections blocking perpendicular flow, etc.

Etc., etc.

I'm assuming that these "bad driver archetypes" are not strictly a North American phenomenon? :mrgreen:
Max
SCS Software

#19 Post by Max » 07 Jul 2014 08:00

well, as players can report any AI behavior as a bug, i'm quite sure they will report these archetypes as bugs as well.

and btw, there is something like that from 1.9 already .. ;)
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
rado84

#20 Post by rado84 » 17 Jul 2014 19:50

I too have seen AI at the wrong side of the road on several occasions and there was one insistent to travel at the wrong side the whole time I was driving behind him. Eventually an oncoming Magnum reeducated him and launched him back in the proper lane. [ external image ]

Return to “Bugs 1.10”