Traffic AI bug

GearJammer55

Re: Traffic AI bug

#11 Post by GearJammer55 » 14 Jul 2014 13:42

SchorschiBW wrote:The traffic moves after entering the highway for miles at 40 km / h
True, this happened a lot on 1.10, as speed signs became controlling features and not just decorative. If a slip road up to the highway had a 40kph sign, that set the AI speed limit, but once on the highway, if no sign set an increase in speed limit, it would remain (on that right-hand lane) at 40kph. I will be testing these scenarios on the 1.11 beta, but I don't recall encountering the same situation thus far :)
ProMods Developer
SchorschiBW

#12 Post by SchorschiBW » 14 Jul 2014 18:17

i got this phenomen in 1.11 beta, too. i try to test it again, but in the last tours i can't reply this phenomen.
two things could be the reason that I can not find it:

1. it has been fixed
2. it rarely occurs before or only at certain points

When I realized it, I was still in version 1.11.0s, shortly after the release, the version came 1.11.0.3s, then 1.11.0.4s.

SCS Software does not consider it so necessary to specify releasenotes the beta versions

Translated with Google Translate
GearJammer55

#13 Post by GearJammer55 » 14 Jul 2014 20:29

I've checked several of these junctions, and it looks like the problem has been fixed by adding 'no speed limit' signs at the top of the slip roads/up-ramps. The AI seem to speed up at those points. With the new speed limit indicator on the Route Advisor, it's now easier to see what the limit is, although if there is no limit (as for cars on German Autobahns), no speed will be indicated.

And anyone receiving Steam beta updates can check what's new here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/227300/di ... 003846258/
ProMods Developer
Brianetta

#14 Post by Brianetta » 21 Jul 2014 21:36

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =289483944

^ Just a screenshot of AI traffic on the roundabout stopping to let other traffic on.

The amount of times I've seen AI vehicles stop on roundabouts to let other vehicles on, and teh amount of times AI vehicles have joined a roundabout whilst I have been on it, often colliding with me, makes me think that the AI isn't getting its priority right at roundabouts.

I've taken to completely ignoring the traffic and simply crawling slowly around roundabouts, causing AI cars to stop because of collision avoidance, rather than any actual traffic rules.
GearJammer55

#15 Post by GearJammer55 » 21 Jul 2014 22:27

The AI are usually better on 2 lane roundabouts, but it's the single lane ones that can be most trouble. Priority rules seem to 'go out the window' at those :(
ProMods Developer
blueeagle69

#16 Post by blueeagle69 » 24 Jul 2014 01:08

Brianetta wrote:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =289483944

^ Just a screenshot of AI traffic on the roundabout stopping to let other traffic on.

The amount of times I've seen AI vehicles stop on roundabouts to let other vehicles on, and teh amount of times AI vehicles have joined a roundabout whilst I have been on it, often colliding with me, makes me think that the AI isn't getting its priority right at roundabouts.

I've taken to completely ignoring the traffic and simply crawling slowly around roundabouts, causing AI cars to stop because of collision avoidance, rather than any actual traffic rules.
I agree totally.
Since 1.11 it's every man (or woman) for themselves on the roundabouts.
It's needs addressing.
I encountered cars stopping on the roundabouts when clearly there is no need too.
IronRush

#17 Post by IronRush » 24 Jul 2014 05:02

I have seen many bugs with AI. I think AI is getting worse than before.
Today I done one long distance delivery and AI hit me 3 times on this trip with absolutely no reason.
AI problem isn't only in roundabouts.
mjack
SCS Software

#18 Post by mjack » 24 Jul 2014 11:38

IronRush wrote:I have seen many bugs with AI. I think AI is getting worse than before.
Today I done one long distance delivery and AI hit me 3 times on this trip with absolutely no reason.
Please, when reporting bugs, add more information (coordinates, screenshots...) Otherwise we can't do anything about it...
GearJammer55

#19 Post by GearJammer55 » 24 Jul 2014 13:39

I think maybe IronRush is referring to the zip-merge situation, where traffic merges from 2 lanes into one, or at toll gates. Since the new AI in 1.10, it seems we must allow AI to move in front of us if it is alongside. The AI seem to be totally unaware of our presence, and will just move into our lane whatever :x .
Another situation is when changing lanes on major roads (moving to the left), AI far behind us fail to respond to our indicators and maneuvering, come up behind at full speed, don't slow down at all, and slam into the back of our trailer once we're in their lane :o .
ProMods Developer
IronRush

#20 Post by IronRush » 24 Jul 2014 16:14

mjack wrote:
IronRush wrote:I have seen many bugs with AI. I think AI is getting worse than before.
Please, when reporting bugs, add more information (coordinates, screenshots...) Otherwise we can't do anything about it...
Things AI is doing, behavior, is very dumb these days.
They are doing incorrect decisions.
I am just saying here AI have problems and isn't only in roundabouts.

Return to “Bugs 1.11”