Traffic AI bug

IronRush

Re: Traffic AI bug

#31 Post by IronRush » 26 Jul 2014 22:33

GearJammer55 wrote:Very true, and some of the car drivers don't seem to know how to use the brake pedal :? . Plus AI trucks still accelerate away from traffic lights like F1 cars :x
This.
We need AI more smarter to use brake. They dont know how to use it correctly. Somtimes they dont use as needed. Sometimes they use for nothing and cause a crash.
Yenius

#32 Post by Yenius » 29 Jul 2014 02:38

Its as if the AI don't follow traffic laws at all, pulling into intersections that are already blocked instead of waiting for them to clear, I've also had AI cut across me at intersections its terrible

Screenshot of an on/offramp of a motorway just south east of Koln:
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/509 ... DFE94A9F9/
DanielCoffey

#33 Post by DanielCoffey » 29 Jul 2014 19:46

That particular preset has trouble because the motorway offramps have priority and the cross traffic must give way... so it can get backed up. The AI follows the rules... but still gets snarled up.
EK Water-cooled : Intel 4770K 4.5GHz 1.275V / 16Gb 1600 / ASUS 780 Ti 3Gb 1274 boost, 7800 mem / Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb, Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb / Apple Cinema Display 27" 2560x1440 / Corsair AX860I / APC SMT1000I / Windows 8.1 64-bit
Axel Slingerland

#34 Post by Axel Slingerland » 29 Jul 2014 23:51

I haven't install the 1.11 patch yet, but in every other patch SCS has released that changed anything to with the way the AI works, people complained just like they are now, and I never could really see a problem. The AI traffic "drives" like people drive. Specially California people. They'll be going along on a freeway at 70 MPH in the middle of traffic doing the same speed, and slow down for no apparent reason. They stop in the strangest places, again for no apparent reason. They will see you coming, and I mean they look you right at you and there is absolutely no way they can't see you, then pull out in front of you forcing you to slam on the brakes and swerve to avoid hitting them. The list of stupid things people do while driving is incredibly long around here. And in my opinion, short of seeing an AI driver appearing to be talking on a cell phone, I think SCS has just about nailed human behavior while driving perfectly.

And speaking of which, I think SCS really should add AI drivers talking on cell phones into the game, because people do that everywhere from what I've been told... [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Fae

#35 Post by Fae » 30 Jul 2014 03:25

Axel Slingerland wrote:I haven't install the 1.11 patch yet, but in every other patch SCS has released that changed anything to with the way the AI works, people complained just like they are now, and I never could really see a problem. The AI traffic "drives" like people drive. Specially California people. They'll be going along on a freeway at 70 MPH in the middle of traffic doing the same speed, and slow down for no apparent reason. They stop in the strangest places, again for no apparent reason. They will see you coming, and I mean they look you right at you and there is absolutely no way they can't see you, then pull out in front of you forcing you to slam on the brakes and swerve to avoid hitting them. The list of stupid things people do while driving is incredibly long around here. And in my opinion, short of seeing an AI driver appearing to be talking on a cell phone, I think SCS has just about nailed human behavior while driving perfectly.

And speaking of which, I think SCS really should add AI drivers talking on cell phones into the game, because people do that everywhere from what I've been told... [ external image ]
This - exactly.

The AI drives like real people do, which is part of why I am SOOOOOO glad there are not many roundabouts in the USA and I am hoping never to see a roundabout when ATS is released. I see the clusterf*** situations in roundabouts in ETS2 - I start to think "must be bugged", then i remember how idiotic people handle roundabouts in real life, then plan my detour around town . . .

And for the cell phone bit - hehe - yeah all of the trailers I have skinned, I added a sign on the back of my truck that is starting to become common in real life: "Get off the phone and DRIVE!"

But in all seriousness - I travel in real life for a living, and honestly I handle the AI in this game a LOT better than I do real life idiots around me. And I have a LOT of AI packs installed (thanks to jazzy).
Yenius wrote:Its as if the AI don't follow traffic laws at all, pulling into intersections that are already blocked instead of waiting for them to clear, I've also had AI cut across me at intersections its terrible

Screenshot of an on/offramp of a motorway just south east of Koln:
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/509 ... DFE94A9F9/
This is why here in the US, most exits give the cross priority, and people coming off the ramp have to stop. However what you describe for intersections in Europe is true to form for traffic laws over there. I hope in ATS they get our laws over here right and if so that won't happen in ATS :)
Faelandaea Dravin
OTR Truck Driver
Faelandaea's Trucking Adventures
https://www.youtube.com/c/FaelandaeaDravin
DISCORD: https://discord.gg/PEm7M9HwYP
[ external image ]
Axel Slingerland

#36 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Jul 2014 10:15

faelandaea wrote:The AI drives like real people do, which is part of why I am SOOOOOO glad there are not many roundabouts in the USA...
I hate them too, because people have no common sense about how to drive around them. And they're building more and more of them here in northern California. On one road I drive frequently, they're on every intersection. I understand the logic behind them. The government is trying to get people to slow down. And having the Cops write a ton of speeding tickets hasn't worked, so what are they supposed to do? But they're still annoying as hell.
faelandaea wrote:And for the cell phone bit - hehe - yeah all of the trailers I have skinned, I added a sign on the back of my truck that is starting to become common in real life: "Get off the phone and DRIVE!"
My car has two. One says "Hang up and drive!", the other says "Texting your reservation to Hell?" [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
blueeagle69

#37 Post by blueeagle69 » 12 Aug 2014 15:21

Judging by the gun-ho nature of the way the AI drive around roundabouts, I think they may actually be on their phones.
So if ETS would bring out an update where I can actually get out of my truck and smack them upside the head.
That would be awesome.
Although I do not condone violence :)

Return to “Bugs 1.11”