No warning signs for Railroad crossing.

BWD

No warning signs for Railroad crossing.

#1 Post by BWD » 12 Aug 2014 22:49

[ external image ]

Click on pic to enlarge.

There is no warning signs for the train tracks ( signs with red hash marks ) on this side of tracks. None on other side either. ; [11/08/2014 22:13] (sec-0006-0002);-23059.2;31.1805;-5335.03

If this has been reported then please ignore. Sometimes the search engine and I do not get along. Guess I'm too grouchy. :|
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.
Axel Slingerland

Re: No warning signs for Railroad crossing.

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 13 Aug 2014 01:17

They're there. Just a bit too close to the tracks to be of much value as a warning.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
BWD

#3 Post by BWD » 14 Aug 2014 00:47

They are? Axel can I borrow a pair of your glasses as I did not see any signs. :oops: :(

OK then it's not a bug.

Gotta make another appointment to the eye doc. :)
Win 7 Home Premium,16 GIGS Ram,Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatality,Logitech X-540 5.1 Speaker System,EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 Graphic card,Corsair 750 Watt Power supply,AMD Phenom II Black edition 965 3.4 GHz.four core processor.
Reece

#4 Post by Reece » 14 Aug 2014 03:57

I can see the sign!! :mrgreen:
This is what happens: I'm close enough to see the sign - I react by using the brakes - I hit the train!! :oops: :roll:
Axel Slingerland

#5 Post by Axel Slingerland » 14 Aug 2014 04:27

BWD wrote:They are? Axel can I borrow a pair of your glasses as I did not see any signs. :oops:
I get mine at the Dollar Store. My Eye Doc says they're just as good as prescription glasses, and they're a lot cheaper. The last time I went to get some they wanted $180.00!

By the way, BWD, do you know where DeKalb is? I grew up in an itty bitty little town called Malta in between some rows of corn 6 miles west of DeKalb, on Illinois 38. Ya blink as you pass it by, and you totally miss it.

And I'm sure you've about a billion of these. The DeKalb Corn Flying Ear Of Destiny!

[ external image ]
Reece wrote:This is what happens: I'm close enough to see the sign - I react by using the brakes - I hit the train!! :oops: :roll:
Yep, by the time you can see the signs, you're close enough to the tracks that if there is a train, you and that train will become very close. In fact, I would say that the possibility that you will have a one on one relationship are pretty high. [ external image ]
[ external image ]

BWD

#6 Post by BWD » 14 Aug 2014 22:27

Axel check your PM.

These RR signs are what I meant that are missing in the cords on my first post this thread.

Click on pic to enlarge.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Course the other ( wreck time ) RR sign is still next to tracks. :lol:

So I'm still calling it a bug.

Yeah these last two pics are in the UK but still the same style ( game wise anyway ) of RR warning of crossing ahead.
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 15 Aug 2014 03:23

Like I said, they're there... Even in your screenshot. They're just right next to the tracks.

[ external image ]

But I suppose those might be placed correctly, and the ones that should be back where they would warn you that you are approaching rr tracks, are the ones that are missing.
[ external image ]

Reinhard

#8 Post by Reinhard » 15 Aug 2014 07:49

It isn't about that sign. It is about the row of three signs in advance that are announcing a railroad crossing from the distance.

These aren't present at this location in Belgium. There aren't even special varieties of this kind of signs for the country to be found in the base. But how would they look like? Does Belgium even use such signs? If so, may these be the same than in France? Or look like those of The Netherlands? Is this another dispute between Wallonia and Flanders? Do they plug away the "wrong" signs at night? :D

Maybe this kind of signs at this spot was simply forgotten, maybe someone decided that not every crossing have to have it.

I cannot even say for my own country if these are really mandatory. And even if, I don't expect it to be the same in every European country.
Axel Slingerland

#9 Post by Axel Slingerland » 15 Aug 2014 08:13

Yeah, there should be warning signs on the approach to railroad crossings. I was just jammin' BWD because he lives 60 miles from where I grew up. Boyzz from Illinoizz humor and all that. [ external image ]
[ external image ]

BWD

#10 Post by BWD » 15 Aug 2014 21:03

Yeah my ears are ringing. :lol: And I don't mean "DeKalb Ears" either. :mrgreen:

As far as the three warning signs placed about half mile or so from the crossing I think game wise I've seen them in every country SCS has modeled. Just not sure if they are there in real life?

Oh well I still think it's a [ external image ]

AAAHhh nuts, that bug is supposed to be animated but my host is getting lazy it seems.

Return to “Bugs 1.11”