Controls.sii is not generated correctly

ChristianS

Controls.sii is not generated correctly

#1 Post by ChristianS » 13 Aug 2014 08:17

I have installed a second joystick controller that I have made to follow my head movements.

The Tracker Joystick is recognized by the game and can be selected below the line containing my G27 Racing Wheel.

In 1.11.1 the game recognizes my IR Joystick as a "joy3", but joy3 is not used anywhere in the controls.sii.

Stil, when I scroll down to the section of "Controls", containing the head movements, I can assign look up/down and look left/right to my joy2 device.

I can see the movement correctly in the display. When I move my head to the right the red bar deflects to the right.

When I am parked the headtracker is responding. X-axis is OK, but I have to invert up/down.

However, instead of tracking my head movement it works as a pan switch. When I turn my head a bit to the right the view starts panning right until it reaches the far end stop.

It should only have turned my head a small amount to the right.

In order to look forward again, I must turn my head to the left to make the view pan left.

Seems that there is a bug in the making of the controls.sii

I need the head movements to track my head, just like a steering wheel.

ChristianS

http://pastebin.com/jVzt9U02
Last edited by ChristianS on 14 Aug 2014 01:17, edited 2 times in total.
Stuferus

Re: Controls.sii is not generated correctly

#2 Post by Stuferus » 13 Aug 2014 12:46

pastebin link missing but required!
ChristianS

#3 Post by ChristianS » 14 Aug 2014 01:19

Stuferus wrote:pastebin link missing but required!
Link was included yesterday, but edits is not reflected in the index. Therefore this addition to bump the thread.
Komat
SCS Software

#4 Post by Komat » 15 Aug 2014 11:49

The look around axes are interpreted as speed of the change in the desired direction so this input is not suitable for use with absolute input from the head tracker. That said, there are separate mixes in the config file which are intended to be used with headtracker which are interpreted in a absolute way and also support position tracking. Theirs name start with "headtr" prefix. So if your headtracking SW does not support TrackIR API directly, you can manually edit the corresponding mixes in the config file to take the values from the joystick.

It seems that someone did describe the required changes here.

Return to “Bugs 1.11”