Unfairly Fined for Red Signal Offence

shorty943

Re: Unfairly Fined for Red Signal Offence

#11 Post by shorty943 » 28 Aug 2014 03:09

I recently fell foul of this bug too. Sorry, no location as I didn't have the full ETS2 SCS tools at the time, brand new ETS2 beta tester here.
Truck was a mod, W900 Kenworth, but, I was stopped at the lights before they changed fully to red with gearbox in neutral and foot on brake pedal a good metre from the road markings. Lights and crossing in Southampton in UK.
jarvik79

#12 Post by jarvik79 » 28 Aug 2014 08:20

shorty943 wrote:Truck was a mod,
Then I'm not sure why you would be posting in bugs.
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=16653
Reef

#13 Post by Reef » 28 Aug 2014 08:28

I Agree with jarvik79, A modded trucks collision box could be further forward either by design or accident, and I assume its the collision box (that you cannot see in-game btw) is what triggers the traffic signal offence.

This is why since this forum first began members have been asked to report bugs with only SCS standard (Vanilla) Items, in other words NO MODS activated, no matter how irrelevant you may think they are to your particular problem/error/bug
shorty943

#14 Post by shorty943 » 29 Aug 2014 04:56

I posted merely to inform this bug seems to be active in more than the vanilla game.

I think I've found a couple of other bothers too, but they will go into the Mantis along with all the details from the vanilla special test version.

Thanks to Reef though, for the explanation of collision boxes.
JarvoD

#16 Post by JarvoD » 26 Aug 2015 13:20

this has happened to me 3 times :(
jarvik79

#17 Post by jarvik79 » 26 Aug 2015 15:41

No SiSL, it doesn't count. Read any legislation you care to, it will say *behind the white line*, not on it or over it.

Australia's: http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/safety- ... ights.html
"Red means stop. Wait behind the stop line."
UK's:
https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-t ... 170-to-183
Junctions controlled by traffic lights
You MUST stop behind the white ‘Stop’ line across your side of the road unless the light is green.
Article 21 section 1a of the United Nations Vienna Convention of Road Traffic (pdf) (of which by the way Poland and Austria are ratifying members) also clearly states it:
If vehicular traffic is regulated at that crossing by traffic light
signals or by an authorized official, drivers forbidden to proceed shall stop
short
of the crossing or the transverse markings preceding it
You must stop SHORT of the white line otherwise yes, you could be prosecuted, even if the front of the vehicle is a millimetre onto the line.

The line literally has to be drawn somewhere, and why not use the legal definition.
Pretty simple: drive in a manner in which you can comply with international law and stop with the entire vehicle short of the white line, or risk being fined. Or you even have the option to create a mod to disable fines entirely! :)

Of course, if like the OP you found a place where you stopped entirely short in an original unmodified game truck, that WOULD be a bug. Note the OP did have a valid issue as it seemed that he stopped short. But nobody could reproduce, and might well have been fixed (either on purpose or by accident) in the 12 months since the original post....
Cadde

#18 Post by Cadde » 26 Aug 2015 15:52

Holy necro batman.
On extended hiatus.
jarvik79

#19 Post by jarvik79 » 26 Aug 2015 16:38

Ooops yeah I misread the year date, lol :)
Axel Slingerland

#20 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Aug 2015 17:21

Actually, JarvoD missed it. But at least that is proof that he was looking around and reading the forum instead of the "Search before I post? Naaa, Forum Rules don't apply to me!" routine that quite a high number of new members do.

So congrats to you, JarvoD, for doing that at least.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Bugs 1.12”