[MAYBE A BUG?] Scania Streamline V8 Horn Sounds [9187]

BelGarion

[MAYBE A BUG?] Scania Streamline V8 Horn Sounds [9187]

#1 Post by BelGarion » 25 Sep 2014 08:06

Ok, a Search didn't turn this up so...

I'm seriously trying to remember if the Scania Streamline horn always sounded this bad, don't think so, think it sounded better in 1.10 and earlier. But, never the less, on updating to 1.12 I noticed the horn sounded *bad*, like two discordant notes being played at the same time from a midi device. In an effort to track it down (and possibly make a mini mod to 'fix' this for the time being) I unpacked the SCS files with the provided tool. I find the following in the def.scs file.

interior_v8.sii

sound_data: .horn
{
name: "/sound/truck/scania/v8_int_v2/loop_int.ogg"
looped: true
}

and playing that .ogg file gives me the wth?1 horn sound.

interior.sii

sound_data: .horn
{
name: "/sound/truck/scania/int/horn.ogg"
looped: true
}

And it sounds more like how I remember it. So for the time being I'll make a mini mod with the interior_v8.sii def file pointing to the interior.sii horn ogg file.

On a side note, the Scania R V8 def files (interior and exterior) also point to this looped_int.ogg or looped_ext.ogg file, but not the normal Scania R files. Same with the Streamline, the normal files point to the horn.ogg but the V8 files point to the looped.int.ogg or looped_ext.ogg file. Buy a V8 engine and, yeah, ouch. >.< Making a mini mod to mod all the V8 sound def files to use horn.ogg instead, that'll solve my issues for now.
Last edited by BelGarion on 25 Sep 2014 23:49, edited 1 time in total.
Cadde

Re: [NOT A BUG] Scania Streamline V8 Horn Sounds

#2 Post by Cadde » 25 Sep 2014 09:23

Not a bug, by design.
More like a feature request.
On extended hiatus.
BelGarion

#3 Post by BelGarion » 25 Sep 2014 16:45

Cadde wrote:Not a bug, by design.
More like a feature request.
O.o The God awful "Doesn't sound like a horn but like a bad midi sound effect" horn is by design? That surprises me.
Cadde

#4 Post by Cadde » 25 Sep 2014 19:48

What can i say, it's highly unlikely that they put the wrong horn sound in there after all that work on the V8 engine sounds. I could of course be wrong. :?

Maybe the truck they rode in when they made the new V8 sounds actually had a horn that sounded like that?
Making it a real life replica.
Anyways, as you said, there's always mods.
On extended hiatus.
BelGarion

Re: [MAYBE A BUG?] Scania Streamline V8 Horn Sounds

#5 Post by BelGarion » 25 Sep 2014 20:27

Yeah, just thought perhaps it was a bug, those do happen even to the best of programmers, hence this message, they put in the wrong sound file or encode it wrong or something. Let them figure it out, as I can't see a world class truck like a Scania sounding like that. >.< Even the sound file name doesn't say 'horn' like the Scania non V8 horn sound files. Everything else is descriptive, horn for horn, air_brake for the air brakes, blinker_on for blinker on, etc. It doesn't fit the pattern. And each has it's own separate folder (int, ext, int_v8_v2, ext_v8_v2, etc) so can't mix up horn.ogg with horn.ogg. But, anyway as I already said, we'll let them figure it out. You never know.
Cadde

#6 Post by Cadde » 25 Sep 2014 21:37

Which is why i haven't moved it out of the bugs section. SCS will surely see it at some point and maybe perhaps if they feel like it possibly comment on it.
On extended hiatus.
Mechyas
SCS Software

Re: [MAYBE A BUG?] Scania Streamline V8 Horn Sounds

#7 Post by Mechyas » 01 Oct 2014 15:18

QA = 9187

thank you, GJ! -)

Return to “Bugs 1.12”