Impossible to change head lights type

CaptainFlint

Impossible to change head lights type

#1 Post by CaptainFlint » 27 Dec 2014 22:34

I was once buying a truck online and customized two trucks to absolutely identical configuration. I was greatly amused to see that their cost was different by €420. So I started digging and discovered that there is one part which is internally upgradable, but the game does not provide any interface to perform such upgrade. This part is head lights which can be either "standard" or "xenon" variation, with the cost, respectively, €180 and €600. That explains the difference of €420 I've got: it just so happened that one of the trucks originally was with standard lights, and the other was with xenon; the rest of the parts I made identical.

The problem is, once you select your truck there is no way to change the head lights type. You won't even know what type of lights the truck in each slot provides before purchasing it (unless you do what I did, or unpack the game files and view the trucks definitions for the shops). What's worse, for some truck models the shop does not even provide a xenon version (e.g., Iveco Hi-Way, or both Scanias). The two head lights types are provided by the configuration files for all the truck models, but you just have no way to use them for your truck.

Not that this is the most critical part for the gameplay, but since the game supports this kind of upgrade and even originally provides trucks with both types of the lights, I suppose it's only logical to expect the game to allow replacing this part.
WerewolfCustoms

Re: Impossible to change head lights type

#2 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 27 Dec 2014 23:34

It might be a future/planned feature for the game so it's not yet available for configuration?

Just a guess...

Interesting info though! :)
VUL7UR3

#3 Post by VUL7UR3 » 28 Dec 2014 11:55

As far as I remeber standard/xenon headlights were unavailable to change manually since release of ETS2. So its not exactly 1.15 bug... I guess that this "feature" was forgotten by SCS.
My ETS2 screenshot thread: Here
My ATS screenshot thread: Here
My World of Trucks profile: Here
My FlickR profile: Here
CTclothbagco

#4 Post by CTclothbagco » 29 Dec 2014 16:25

I've often wondered about this, cause there have been times I've been driving a truck and the lights have been alright, and then change truck and the headlights are much brighter
at night. I'm not sure if it's linked to the cab type, or spec of the truck, but for me seems random.
thunderhawk

#5 Post by thunderhawk » 03 Jan 2015 21:30

As VUL7UR3 said it is there since the release of ets2 and this isn't a bug. ;)

Even icons for the user-interface are present, so it indeed looks like scs removed or never completed the possibility to select your head-lights.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

@CTclothbagco: As far as i remember headlights are defined as default, in sii-files of the cabins. "cheap/small" cabins = Standard - "expensive/big" cabins = Xenon

Best regards,
Stefan
Baja_002

#6 Post by Baja_002 » 03 Jan 2015 21:32

Yeap, noticed this long time ago while I was working on lights mod. Really wanted to know what this is about...
CaptainFlint

#7 Post by CaptainFlint » 04 Jan 2015 10:43

thunderhawk wrote:@CTclothbagco: As far as i remember headlights are defined as default, in sii-files of the cabins. "cheap/small" cabins = Standard - "expensive/big" cabins = Xenon
They are, indeed, defined as defaults, but these defaults are never used. Well, for quick jobs, maybe, I didn't look at their configs. But when you buy a new truck, its initial configuration specifies the type of lights explicitly in the dealer shop configs, and it is not changed when you customize configuration (even when you change cabin type, not to mention trucks with only one cabin available).

Return to “Bugs 1.15”