Wrong directional traffic signs in Newcastle [11792]

popovich

Wrong directional traffic signs in Newcastle [11792]

#1 Post by popovich » 23 Jan 2015 08:58

The traffic signs that direct you to Tyne port and are supposed to say Tyne actually say Newcastle.
The wrong name is on all the signs along that short section of route from Newcastle to Tyne ferry.

P.S.
Damn, didn't expect mods to be so hostile here....sigh. I'm not making this up just to clutter the forum, you know. :?
I'm posting this again because you locked the previous topic, out of some misplaced anger I suppose.
Anyway since you frustrated me I forced myself to buy a truck and drive around for 10 minutes to make the screenshots, all 5 of them.

Hopefully you'll approve this thread and delete the previous one, since it's locked and I can't do anything about it.
Just to confirm again - clean profile, no mods, obviously reproducible because I had to go back to make the screenshots.
Steam version of the game, as stated in the title.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

UPDATE

Apparently, signs pointing to Tyne port coming from Edinburgh also display the wrong name, i.e. Newcastle.
I completely missed those. Screenshots below (screenshot 4 is of the same sign as screenshot 5 above but coming from Edinburgh):

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by popovich on 05 Feb 2015 16:42, edited 3 times in total.
Reef

Re: [Steam version] Wrong directional traffic signs in Newca

#2 Post by Reef » 23 Jan 2015 09:33

popovich wrote: P.S.
Damn, didn't expect mods to be so hostile here....sigh. I'm not making this up just to clutter the forum, you know. :?
I'm posting this again because you locked the previous topic, out of some misplaced anger I suppose.
Hostile? Not at all, you stated in your other post that..
popovich wrote: Can't be bothered to post several screenshots of all the signs, sorry.
Therefore there was no further point in your topic remaining open, or did I miss something?

And if you consider this comment hostle
Reef wrote:Then thank you for your precious time.

Locked!
Then I fear you may be just a tad over sensitive.

Thank you for providing Screenshots it helps the developers pinpoint at a glance the exact point of reference that the error is at in amongst the thousands of virtual KMs of map (coordinates would have been even more helpful and also a part of the bug reporting rules but I'll not push it)
popovich wrote: Anyway since you frustrated me I forced myself to buy a truck and drive around for 10 minutes to make the screenshots, all 5 of them.
Sorry to hear you lost such a large amount of your day, I apologise and hope that you never again have to waste 10 minutes driving a truck around ETS2 again, sorry :(

Good day :)
popovich

#3 Post by popovich » 23 Jan 2015 09:47

Well, your last comment looked passive-aggressive to me. I'm old enough to recognize them.
But I won't push it either.

As far as the screenshots go, it's not that my time is precious or anything (god knows it's far from it),
it's just that I'm the kind of person you literally need to **** off to force me to do something.
As you just did few minutes ago. :(

Didn't mean my comment to come off as elitist, don't know how you got that idea.
I'm a sloth and it's got nothing to do with my time being precious. It's just the way I am.
Reef wrote:Sorry to hear you lost such a large amount of your day, I apologize and hope that you never again have to waste 10 minutes driving a truck around ETS2 again, sorry :(
Now, was that really necessary? :roll:

P.S. I know I didn't add coordinates, but I made sure to turn on the minimap in the bottom right corner. That should hopefully be enough, as the map is not that big.
Last edited by popovich on 23 Jan 2015 09:55, edited 2 times in total.
Reef

#4 Post by Reef » 23 Jan 2015 09:53

popovich wrote: Now, was that really necessary? :roll:
Yup, I think so.

Oh and for the record, I'm not Passive-aggressive, I'm either full out calm or "In your face" aggressive, ask anyone ;)
popovich

#5 Post by popovich » 23 Jan 2015 09:58

I'm afraid I don't care that much about you to ask around. ;)
But since you're a moderator "in your face" aggression is not allowed so I guess you had to adapt. :lol:
Last edited by ohaha on 23 Jan 2015 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unnecessary quote removed
ohaha

#6 Post by ohaha » 23 Jan 2015 11:24

Thanks for posting the screenshots.
But I also needed the game version, so I can move your topic in the right section.
btw, you could also read the forum rules. A bit.

Cheers
Retired, but still loving it.
Reinhard

#7 Post by Reinhard » 23 Jan 2015 12:20

Game version? Probably every version released. I would be surprised if this has ever changed.

But I really doubt this is a bug. Why must there be any reference to Amsterdam around Newcastle? You got to find "your" ferry, located in Newcastle, and that's pretty much it. Where the ferry goes to is not the business of the authorities, and can change over the years. That's in behalf of the operator.

In Germany, I'd expect the name of the port. This may be the name of the city, but it could as well be an own name, or the name of specific quay.

To me, that description is good enough.
romabysen

#8 Post by romabysen » 23 Jan 2015 12:53

I'm pretty sure that means that there's a ferry in Newcastle. I don't recall road signs showing the destinations of the ferries of the ports, since that would require a rather huge sign to fit in all the destinations.
popovich

#9 Post by popovich » 23 Jan 2015 14:12

On the Amsterdam side the traffic signs say Newcastle next to the ferry image which makes perfect sense because you know ferry is located in Amsterdam but you don't know where it's supposed to take you. You're not taking the Amsterdam ferry back to Amsterdam. So I'm pretty sure the Newcastle ones are wrong.
Besides, in-game ferries only have one destination, so I really have no idea what you're talking about.

P.S.
The Steam version is 1.15.1.1s.

P.P.S.
Ok, so signs on the Amsterdam side leading up to the signs with the ferry image do say IJmuiden (port in Amsterdam), but the signs with the ferry image clearly say Newcastle. The first one says Engeland, but that's irrelevant because it doesn't say Amsterdam or IJmuiden.
So in conclusion, signs in Newcastle should say Tyne (port in Newcastle). My location can easily be seen on the minimap.
Screenshots below (8 this time):

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by popovich on 24 Jan 2015 10:15, edited 5 times in total.
plykkegaard

#10 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Jan 2015 14:44

popovich wrote:I'm pretty sure the Newcastle ones are wrong.
Have you check signage in Google Maps to confirm your claim?
The use of signage is different to each country eg on A187 you have directions for the ferry but not for Amsterdam
I am pretty sure you'd like the game to be as consistent as possible with RL signage?

Also please check signage in game for Amsterdam again as I am almost sure you have signage towards the ferry port at Ljmuiden not NewCastle-upon-Tyne

EDIT: Oh btw if you have the coordinates you can go to the exact spot in game
If you have ever browsed the huge map in the editor you'll know why coordinates are needed

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.

Return to “Bugs 1.15”