SCS Extractor for Mac

Dale

SCS Extractor for Mac

#1 Post by Dale » 04 Mar 2015 15:49

Would it be possible to convert the exctractor to mac as I can't seem to be able to edit anything or open any .scs mods or files on my mac.
This would be great if it was possible, or even if someone has a way, I do have a windows PC but that would mean copying files to and from the pc just to edit and get them correct.

Much appreciated.
Axel Slingerland

Re: SCS Extractor for Mac

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 04 Mar 2015 18:11

Unless things have changed drastically since I knew anyone with a Mac, as far as I know PC files don't work on Macs. That is why ETS2 never worked on Macs until SCS wrote a Mac version.

If SCS did make a Mac version of the SCS Extractor you could make your own versions for all the text based mods, such as the ones that modify the economy, truck physics, etc., IF the text layout of the files in question are the same as the PC text files. However, I would think that model based mods aren't going to work without being converted to the Mac file format.

But I have been known to be wrong because I haven't kept up with technology for the last several years, and I admittedly know next to nothing about Macs. That is why I always say things like "Unless things have changed drastically since..." and "I think that...", because I base a lot of my posts on the information I know, which at times is old school as compared to now days.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Dale

#3 Post by Dale » 04 Mar 2015 19:23

The mods I have active work fine, I just can't edit the text based ones because there is no app that will extract them or let me open them to view the files.
Edwin

#4 Post by Edwin » 05 Mar 2015 15:18

They never made one for Linux either. I use the windows exe with Wine, which should work for MacOSX as well.

Return to “Suggestions”