Re ai crashing

Bandit & The Snowman

Re: Re ai crashing

#11 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 26 Jan 2015 14:34

As for getting rear-ended, this happens to me most of the time when there is a large speed difference on a highway-like road. I can't remember getting rear-ended in town. If they have enough time to brake, they will, so usually they don't just rear-end you straight on. Also, in virtually all cases that I can remember it has something to do with me changing lanes. For instance, just as in real life, you can never be careful enough about entering the middle of three lanes. (The AI continuously overtaking on the wrong side doesn't make it any easier :()
Caribcanuk

#12 Post by Caribcanuk » 26 Jan 2015 15:35

My problem isn't the right of way its the ai is in the lane on my right parked waiting to merge, my tractor passes the ai and all of a sudden the ai pulls out and slams into my trailer as if they don't see the trailer. Happens mostly at toll booths or service stations. The fact they are stopped and don't move till my tractor passes indicates they are not seeing my trailer.
DorinDXN

#13 Post by DorinDXN » 27 Jan 2015 13:17

Caribcanuk wrote:.. Happens mostly at toll booths or service stations. The fact they are stopped and don't move till my tractor passes indicates they are not seeing my trailer.
Try using only the toll both for trucks, also blink when changing the lane, even at toll booths.

cheers,
Dorin
Sent from my Mercedes or Peterbilt as seen here and it remains to be seen here
Caribcanuk

#14 Post by Caribcanuk » 27 Jan 2015 13:42

Hmmmmm I travel in the truck lane which is the right lane so no need to use the signal light, and that would not resolve the issue at service stations with then hitting me when they attempt to merge
DorinDXN

#15 Post by DorinDXN » 28 Jan 2015 14:41

Sorry, no further idea.

I drive only in Continental EU, using only the far-right booth so I blink both at in and at out from the toll, never had AI crashing in me, and I use ai_safety_modifier at -0.5.

If you happen to drive in Continental EU and have no crashes then maybe is something with UK part of the map.

cheers,
Dorin
Sent from my Mercedes or Peterbilt as seen here and it remains to be seen here
Reece

#16 Post by Reece » 28 Jan 2015 23:26

Also annoying is when the right lane ends to a single lane the merging ai on the right give way to other ai traffic but as soon as I get there they pull out - wham!!! I hope this has been looked into. :roll:
LeeC2202

#17 Post by LeeC2202 » 11 Mar 2015 23:49

Biggest problem I notice frequently, is that the AI will stop on a motorway to let traffic out of a gas station. Can you imagine that happening in real life?

Still get frequently rammed from the left on roundabouts in the UK, even if I'm indicating correctly. I now take the long way round to avoid them, but I shouldn't have to do that. In fact, this is one reason I spend nearly all my time in the rest of Europe, because there are far fewer roundabouts.

The underpass thing is one I find strange. In the UK, the priority seems wrong but when I'm driving in the rest of Europe, the priority seems right, i.e. The traffic coming from the right seem to give way to me. It's almost like traffic from the left always has priority, which works when you're driving on the right. That would also explain why traffic already on UK roundabouts wrongly gives way to traffic waiting to join them.

Seen some stonking AI to AI crashes which are quite amusing. Had one the other day where an AI car pulled into the fast lane of the motorway doing about 30 - 40mph mph slower than the rapidly approaching car in the fast lane. The approaching car didn't even brake before it slammed into the rear of the other car. I thought, thank goodness there's no damage simulation, or there would be car and body parts scattered across all three lanes after that. :lol:
This is my global apology to everyone I have probably offended at some point. Sorry for being an ass, no personal offence is ever intended. :oops:
Reece

#18 Post by Reece » 12 Mar 2015 05:24

I thought, thank goodness there's no damage simulation, or there would be car and body parts scattered across all three lanes after that. :lol:
Not 'thank goodness' but 'what a shame'!!! I'd love to see it!!! :mrgreen:
Paulebaer1979

#19 Post by Paulebaer1979 » 15 Mar 2015 13:32

I´m notized some strange things:

- on circles normaly the vehicles inside have the right to move first, but when i´m inside the vehicles from outside just drive in, hit me and i got a ticket. If i try to just drive in, i got a ticket, too. When i use the turn indikators to show i´ll leave the circle, other vehicles don´t come inside.

- on double circles the ai-vehicles often change from the inner to the outer lane without using turn indikators and without taking care of other vehicles. If they hit me i get a ticket.

- toll gates: i just stay at my lane and drive in without blinking. Same way out: just go ahaed without blinking. Trucks and cars let my truck pass and then hit my trailer - i get a ticket. Sometimes they try to change lane from the left side and than hit my trailer - i get a ticket then, too.

It´s tricky to tell the ai what they are allowed to and what not, i guess. So i just drive carefully and that´s it. It´s a game - in real life i would react in different way. :evil:
Stuferus

#20 Post by Stuferus » 15 Mar 2015 23:01

Paulebaer1979 wrote:in real life i would react in different way. :evil:
rausziehen und verhaun?

pullem out and punchem? ;)

Return to “Bugs 1.16”