Re ai crashing

Caribcanuk

Re ai crashing

#1 Post by Caribcanuk » 25 Jan 2015 20:17

Just curious as to when the ai is gonna get fixed or the option to turn off traffic will be done. Its getting a little ridiculous being rammed by cars improperly merging and getting charged for the accident and taking damage yet I am clearly in the right , or rear ended and charged for the accident where ion the world does one get charged for an accident when they are rear eneded.
Max
SCS Software

Re: Re ai crashing

#2 Post by Max » 25 Jan 2015 20:53

could you please specify, what and where exactly happened? could you describe the situation or even post a video?
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
abasstreppas

#3 Post by abasstreppas » 25 Jan 2015 21:05

Since a few patches back the ai's behavior is just great. If you have problem with ai crashing into you it's definitely up to your style of driving ;)
Caribcanuk

#4 Post by Caribcanuk » 25 Jan 2015 21:06

iT happens randomly, typically its near toll booths where traffic is merging into the two main lanes. My tractor will pass then the ai which was parked decides to move and rams my trailer. Also happens at overpasses in the same manner its l8ike the ai does not see my trailer. Its extremely annoying to haul a load 1800km only to have an ai ram you and damage the load. I also have been parked at a red light and been rear ended like the ai does not see the trailer . Again taking damage to the cargo and losing money as well as xp thru no fault of mine. Its totally random but more prevalent in the going east dlc area.
Caribcanuk

#5 Post by Caribcanuk » 25 Jan 2015 21:08

My style of driving has logged me over 5 million actual real life miles with no tickets or accidents so don't think that has anything to do with it.
UKHAUL

#6 Post by UKHAUL » 25 Jan 2015 22:21

I have to agree with abasstreppas, I think the AI behaves very well now I don't seem to recognize the scenarios described by caribcanuk

The only two minor issues I still think needs fixed is the un controlled or not giving way from the left or right at the underpasses (all countries) and the persistent undertaking on motorways and roundabouts apart from that good use of the indicators keeps them under control now
Michal
Site admin

#7 Post by Michal » 26 Jan 2015 09:27

Coordinates, video and screenshots needed. Without that it is nearly impossible investigate.
Caribcanuk

#8 Post by Caribcanuk » 26 Jan 2015 13:44

hmmm so im a supposed to run around in third person view while recording to gather video and ss of a random event. I can understand the coordinates but to get ss and video of a random event is nearly impossible. One would have hrs of video recorded and a ss after the event would not be much help.
abasstreppas

#9 Post by abasstreppas » 26 Jan 2015 14:01

So, then it's not a big problem :roll:
Bandit & The Snowman

#10 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 26 Jan 2015 14:23

I can second Caribcanuk's observations as far as the toll booths are concerned. Here the matter seems to be not behavior from the AI based on their misjudgement, but a misunderstanding as to the traffic rules implemented by SCS.

Now in my opinion, there are various possibilities why:
  • - Maybe SCS wants to depict the right-before-left rule. In my opinion, this is not applicable here, because after a toll booth there is no junction but a set of mergers.
  • - For realism, you as a truck driver are supposed to be using the slowest lane into the toll booth, at least that's what the game assumes. (Since there are no toll booths in left-side-driving UK, that'll be the rightmost lane.) SCS might want to make rejoining into the normal two or three lanes easier for you, so they gave higher priority to traffic from the lanes further to the right and put that into a rule. Which in my opinion is very contrary to real life rules.
If you watch traffic after a booth, you'll notice that the leftmost lane is unaffected. If you use this lane, you'll be entirely unharmed by the AI. On all other lanes, AI coming from further to the right will think they have higher priority, if they are in front of a certain point relative to your truck. If they are behind this point, they will give way instead. You can use this to determine if it might be you who has to give way. NB I still think this rule is unrealistic.

There's another nice little 'glitch' about toll booths: If you arrive quickly enough at the payment field behind an AI car that just passed the booth and the toll barrier is still closing, pressing Enter to pay will start the open toll barrier animation, making the barrier jerk abruptly into the closed position and then open. This may be for your convenience so you can move on quicker, but all traffic barriers I have ever encountered will first move down into locked position... it just looks so wrong... would make me want to run through the closed barrier, if only that feeble needle weren't stronger than my 40 t truck :mrgreen:

Return to “Bugs 1.16”