FLARE error on export

TomDooley

Re: FLARE error on export

#11 Post by TomDooley » 26 May 2019 19:58

You nailed it, guys... There still was a link inside to a place I once put an older version in, totally forgot to update the location there!

Thanks a lot, now I have both license plates and AUX flares where I want them.

Problem solved. :D
n4viii

#12 Post by n4viii » 16 Sep 2021 14:29

this help me thanks
Winchester1979

#13 Post by Winchester1979 » 05 Jan 2024 22:17

Since this is the top search result on Google for the issue I was having, I figured I'd post it here since the first part of the solution was here. Sorry for the necromancy.

If, after doing what Mohegan13 says above (copying the "unit" folder to your mod's base folder) is still giving warnings on export and non-working lights, the problem is likely that SCS changed the required naming scheme for the hookups. "flare.vehicle.aux_light" is not enough anymore, the exporter requires "flare_vehicle : flare.vehicle.aux_light". Thankfully, it will give you this as a suggestion if you type in the old name manually. The same goes for all other flare names, for example beacons use "flare_blink : " as their prefix.

Note that the editor will not *tell* you the hookup name is invalid until you export - the "not found" color does not appear in the hookup text input box.

If you need to change a lot of flares, I'd suggest copying the complete flare name (including the flare_vehicle part) and pasting it; "select all" did not appear to work properly for me.
fabbromix

#14 Post by fabbromix » 06 Jan 2024 13:34

TomDooley wrote: 26 May 2019 07:07 Hi,

I'm using Converterpix Wrapper 1.5 / BlenderTools 1.12 to import a bumper (based on SCS DLC Volvo bumper22) into Blender (2.79) from a .scs (mod) file (not directly from DLC pack). The bumper is pre-modded with a few slots for addon_hookup parts (designated for Aux/marker lights), and two flares to enhance the fake fog lights. For cosmetic reasons I swap out an entire (3D) model part, and export to PIM/PIT.

On import, I get a warning over needless truckpaint attributes, but that's it.

On export, I get a Warning Summary
> Model locator "f_lp" has unexpected hookup value 'license.plate'
> Model locator 'light_h_2' has unexpected hookup value 'flare.vehicle.aux_light"
> Model locator 'light_h_3' has unexpected hookup value 'flare.vehicle.aux_light"

When I convert the pim/pit files back to pmd/pmg with conversion tools 2.7 or 2.8 (doesn't matter which), the flares are effectively gone.

If I open the converted files in Zmod, it appears the flare information has been stripped. Is there any way I can check in Blender if this was an import error that only was shown later on export, or a "real" export error?

Thanks for your great work,
Tom
Friend read this Post many helped me.
viewtopic.php?t=308501

Return to “Blender Tools”