Exporting Mods

stevieb71

Exporting Mods

#1 Post by stevieb71 » 20 Jan 2018 16:02

I'm sorry guys but it's probably been asked load but!!!

I've tried for about 6 hours to get ConverterPIX wrapper to work. I completely uninstalled Blender and restarted from scratch with Blender 2.79 and blend tool 1.11. But I couldnt get them to work, i was getting messages about the iso_scs file being read only, with trawling the internet for a bit, didnt come up with anything.

I decided to uninstall it for the third time and try 2.78 with 1.10, and I've managed to import a sunshield.

Now I'll never be a good as 90% of you guys, but all I want to do is fit a sun visor off a 3 series Scania on to the New 2016 Scania.

I have the Visor on the Scania but its quite away forward of the Cab. So in the old way of importing/exporting, you could move something and then apply location and rotation, do you still need to do this, as I cant find it in Objects on the right hand side.

I also want to add a couple of CB Ariels to the sun visor.

Can someone explain in simple terms how to combine them and then Export them when its all finished.

Its the same type of sun visor and Arial mod as this.

[ external image ]

Thank you in advance.
stevieb71

Re: Exporting Mods

#2 Post by stevieb71 » 20 Jan 2018 19:43

Ive managed to Export it, but have lost the texture, so on ward and upward.

[ external image ]
50keda
SCS Software

#3 Post by 50keda » 20 Jan 2018 23:01

Well was there any error on export from Blender?
stevieb71

#4 Post by stevieb71 » 21 Jan 2018 00:13

There was loads @simon.

Shot it tomorrow as I'm not sure yet how to extract the error message.

Thanks for the reply, I presume its to do with not setting up the materials, although it worked with the pmd's.
50keda
SCS Software

#5 Post by 50keda » 21 Jan 2018 11:20

You can extract error messages with this: http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Documen ... _Clipboard -> Copy BT Log To Clipboard
stevieb71

#6 Post by stevieb71 » 21 Jan 2018 14:13

Thanks Simon.

From Config

INFO - Initialization of SCS scene, BT version: 1.10.6cefe1f
INFO - Paths initialization started...
WARNING - Invalid SII file path 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/GTM_RJL_Sunvisors.scs_exp/vehicle/truck/upgrade/gtm_scania/def/climate/default/nice.sii'!
ERROR - Can't read TOBJ, most probably it's in binary version: 'E:/ETS 2/1, Base & Def files/Base/material/metal/brushed_metal.tobj'
INFO - TOBJ file 'E:/ETS 2/1, Base & Def files/Base/material/metal/brushed_metal.tobj' is empty!
WARNING - Texture can't be displayed as TOBJ file: '//E:/ETS 2/1, Base & Def files/Base/material/metal/brushed_metal.tobj' is referencing non existing texture file.
INFO - Paths initialization done, deleting operator!
INFO - WRITTING PIX FILE to: 'C:/Program Files/Blender Foundation/Blender/2.78/scripts/addons/io_scs_tools/config.txt'
INFO - File created!
50keda
SCS Software

#7 Post by 50keda » 21 Jan 2018 18:41

Looks like you are mixing binary data with middle format data, mind the:

Code: Select all

ERROR - Can't read TOBJ, most probably it's in binary version: 'E:/ETS 2/1, Base & Def files/Base/material/metal/brushed_metal.tobj'
Your TOBJ should be in text (middle) format ;) Do not mix extracted files with the ones imported trough ConverterPIXWrapper.
stevieb71

#8 Post by stevieb71 » 21 Jan 2018 19:09

Sorry Simon, what does that mean?

My computer literacy isn't that good!!

I imported the Base file into the converter_pix.exe, should I have also done the Mods as well?
stevieb71

#9 Post by stevieb71 » 22 Jan 2018 22:19

So I've tried importing 50k addon (great mod by the way) and just exporting it and I'm still getting the red mod.

So a quick run through of what i'm doing and hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong (I've watched 2 YouTube videos but they seem to be large models)

so to start with I've dropped the unpacked mod into convertorpix. I've then imported using "pim", setting the 50k addon as the base project, and opened up a roof bar.

To export it back again I've set converterpix location, it wont lost me set a default export path (i presume its because the import and export paths are the same.
pressed "Export", "Clean Converted Data" and then "Convert Current SCS Project".

I've then copied the data into the existing file, re-compressed it and tried it.

Now the log is saying that there are invalid paths, but they weren't there on the original!!!!

Sorry guys, but I've fairly new to this, and computer stuff is hard for us old timers. I just with there was someone near to the north west of Cumbria (UK) that could show me where I'm going wrong.

I starting to loose patience with it again.

WARNING - Invalid SII file path 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/50k Blender/50_addon_sjb_exp/material/material.db'!
WARNING - Invalid SII file path 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/50k Blender/50_addon_sjb_exp/def/climate/default/nice.sii'!
ERROR - Following files failed to load:
-> 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/50k Blender/50_addon_sjb_exp/'

ERROR SUMMARY:
================
> Following files failed to load:
-> 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/50k Blender/50_addon_sjb_exp/'
================

WARNING SUMMARY:
================
> Invalid SII file path 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/50k Blender/50_addon_sjb_exp/material/material.db'!
> Invalid SII file path 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/50k Blender/50_addon_sjb_exp/def/climate/default/nice.sii'!
================
Braakie

#10 Post by Braakie » 22 Jan 2018 22:36

To export it back again I've set converterpix location, it wont lost me set a default export path (i presume its because the import and export paths are the same.
pressed "Export", "Clean Converted Data" and then "Convert Current SCS Project".
You must use the conversion tools path and not the converterpix path.

Return to “Blender Tools”