Add collision using Blender?

herlab

Add collision using Blender?

#1 Post by herlab » 17 Jul 2020 10:21

I created a simple box using blender & I see it in map editor, but truck just passes through it, like the box is a ghost. So I want the truck to collide with it or give some response when it hits the box. How can I do this?

In future, I might try to add collision to other objects already present in game, say pedestrian or other movers.

I have tried adding an additional collision locator using blender after adding the game root object. But this doesn't help.

Any help is appreciated

tobrago

Re: Add collision using Blender?

#2 Post by tobrago » 17 Jul 2020 14:22

Try to find the answers in these next posts.
Google translator
Greetings and cheers
Keep truckin'

Image Image Image

herlab

Re: Add collision using Blender?

#3 Post by herlab » 29 Jul 2020 05:44

UPDATE: Was successful in adding collision on a static object & movers. For movers, I opened desired model in blender, set up its file structure for creation as a mod. For opening the model & its animation, I used CovertPix Wrapper addon for blender, this lets you import model model file & animation file directly from base.scs file. I created the file structure for new mover mod creation along with def file. Just make sure first that you mod is working & looking as it is supposed to. Later in a separate instance of blender, open a model which has collision, like I used sign post. From scene collection if the sign model, copy its "cl1" subpart & paste it in your model. Make sure you make cl1 an object under the game object (check parenting in blender). From Object Properties > SCS Object > Locator settings, change dimensions or type, use Transform to change location & rotation.

Movers with collision moves everything out of its way. Now trying to figure this out because a man/bicycle bringing a truck to stop isn't realistic, any help would be appreciated.

Return to “Blender Tools”