How to assign materials and where can i find them

vr6_thwo

How to assign materials and where can i find them

#1 Post by vr6_thwo » 25 Aug 2020 09:53

So here i have a rjl scania interior , and i need help with assigning the materials/textures , and where i can find them. I have a pic in solid color and in material color , and as you can see the materials dont show.
Last edited by supersobes on 25 Aug 2020 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed text to normal size.
SK Trans. Beginner modder.

fisherm

Re: How to assign materials and where can i find them

#2 Post by fisherm » 26 Aug 2020 15:54

Hi,

I've not done skins in Blender, but if it works the same way as models:

- Go into Material Properties (not textures)
- Go to Base Material, bring up options by clicking on the little circle for Base Material and Choose Image Texture
- Open your texture file. Note it needs to be a .tga format, and if it's like models, needs to be a perfect square of pixels, i.e. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 pixels. So create a square (say 1024x1024) jpg in something like Paint, and paste the image you actually want to use into that square, then save it, and convert to .tga using something like Irfanview. If you don't, Blender will seem to work but the editor log will give you a "mipmap" error and your object will look all pink.
- Still in Material Properties, go down to SCS material, and choose a shader preset. For a list of them to know which to use, go here:
https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... ed_shaders
- Choose Add Vertex Colors to All in Material Properties
- Further down in Material Properties, in Material Textures, Base, select your texture file again.
- In Mapping, just underneath that, choose UV Map, and the black should suddenly change to colors.

There's maybe an easier way, but I've not found it yet. Good luck.

Return to “Blender Tools”