VColoring

CajunDoritos

VColoring

#1 Post by CajunDoritos » 04 Oct 2020 16:51

My greatest struggle with using the Blender tools has to be the god awful VColoring. Color matching is impossible from what I can see so making metal gantries and signs is extremely difficult. Does anyone out there have any knowledge on how to tame that beast?

Smarty
Beta tester

Re: VColoring

#2 Post by Smarty » 05 Oct 2020 05:04

A few pieces of advice:
1. If you've used VColoring for an object, try to always enter vertex painting via VColoring mode for that object. The shader will switch to using the four component vertex colour channels instead of the baked Col and Col_alpha channels, so you can see what you're doing without having to rebake.
2. Use a plugin like Vertex Color Master (VCM) for advanced vertex colour editing. It allows you to perform HSV, Brightness/Contrast, curves, and other adjustments to the vertex colour data that will be very familiar if you are used to photo editing software. Just be warned that it's kind of finicky with face/vertex selection masking (when you change a parameter on an operator, it will weirdly default back to ...I think... the selection masking mode that was active when you entered vertex paint mode).

CajunDoritos

Re: VColoring

#3 Post by CajunDoritos » 06 Oct 2020 18:17

Okay so would this make color matching with other SCS objects doable?

Return to “Blender Tools”