Mod conflict - I need help / tips about units

MatzeH

Re: Mod conflict - I need help / tips about units

#11 Post by MatzeH » 15 Mar 2021 13:10

I think the benefits of a standalone mod is that you can do what ever you want. You don't have to care about compatibility issues and stuff that gets overwritten my other mods.
The downside is, if you want things like cabin accessories (SiSL, Actros tuning Pack, etc.) to be compatible with your mod you need to include and re-write all defs from the wanted mod.

It all has pros and cons.

Just an example: In my current actros cabin overhaul i have included the exterior cabin models (cabin_a to _c iirc) to make a new accessorie model locator visible externally. And thats just for the ML, nothing else has been changed. If i now want to use my cabin overhaul with your bdf chassis we get compatibility issues since i override the external cab models. It's a pia :lol:

@room217au Yeah! Couldn't live without that :mrgreen:

Edit:

@@Sebastian7870 For the question in your initial post (hadn't really time to read all due work :D ): Unfortunately that's the downside of a default truck extension, you need to strictly keep the right mod-order to do not conflict with other addons. And i want to add that my cabin addon also overrides the default exclusive.sii. I just changing the name from "Exclusive" to "Home-Line" in this particular example but if i wouldn't know that you override it we just had a classic conflict.
Sebastian7870

#12 Post by Sebastian7870 » 15 Mar 2021 17:28

@MatzeH That's a bit sad. Well, every game comes with problems, I guess.

I really want as many accessories from other mods are able to work with my edited truck. I think I have to think about that (Which option I'll use).

Thank you for your long answer :D
Creator of the Swap Body Carrier System
[ external image ]
Steam | WorldOfTrucks | SCS Profile
room217au

#13 Post by room217au » 15 Mar 2021 23:57

Standalone is always best. Yes, it's more work. Yes, it's moe maintenance for updates, but relying on SCS parts to never change any details or models or names is a recipe for disaster.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
Sebastian7870

#14 Post by Sebastian7870 » 16 Mar 2021 06:46

@room217au Okay. Then I just have to hope that other modders will maybe implement the correct suitable_for[] for my changed unit names.

Thank you very much, I will go standalone now.
Creator of the Swap Body Carrier System
[ external image ]
Steam | WorldOfTrucks | SCS Profile
room217au

#15 Post by room217au » 16 Mar 2021 09:49

You can never really know what names others will use. The only problem duplicate unit names will cause is with other mod interiors. Never with the game. And that's good enough.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.

Return to “Blender Tools”