help animated doors

tutoveenee

help animated doors

#1 Post by tutoveenee » 08 Apr 2021 21:53

Hello everyone.
I have the following problem. I have created an animated door within Blender.
Later I have added that animated door, within a prefab company that I have also created. I have added it as a locator and then I have added the animated door model that I made.
Before I have added the path of the custom hookup file so that my animated door appears in the locator that I added, corresponding to the animated door.
I have also created the def folder and customized the files that I have seen, mentioning the garage doors from Scandinavia.
But I really don't know what files I need for the doors to appear in the game editor.
Because I can't get them to show up. I do not know if it is because I am missing files, how to add the model of the animated door correctly. I see that my problem is no longer in blender, it is in the correct structure of the files and folders.

Greetings to all and I am all ears for advice and help.
tutoveenee

Re: help animated doors

#2 Post by tutoveenee » 03 May 2021 19:05

Hello everyone, I pick up the thread.

I am in this map project and as I have commenting. I'm still having the same problem. If anyone can help me, thank you.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=299749
Darkcaptain

#3 Post by Darkcaptain » 14 May 2021 17:56

I am sure there are people with knowledge for this. I hope someone can offer some help :)
CrazyMango73

#4 Post by CrazyMango73 » 20 May 2021 11:34

Have you looked at the SCS documentation on how to export animations? Do you have a .pma file?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/193527766@N05/ - Follow my Blender work here!
tutoveenee

#5 Post by tutoveenee » 20 May 2021 18:06

Quote removed - Don't quote the post above - Rule 2.12

Yes that's how it is. I have the .pma file

I have all the files. The blender export does not show any errors. All correct, but then it does not appear, neither in the game nor in the game editor.
tutoveenee

#6 Post by tutoveenee » 27 May 2021 16:13

Hello everyone, I return to this post again.

I've gotten the door model to appear in the game editor.
But the problem is that this model does not behave like an animated door. No image appears. As it happens for example. With this other door of the game itself.
That's the problem.
Someone can tell me what is happening.
It may seem that the problem is in blender. Because those doors were exported, as "rigid" and not as "animation" but I have verified that, that is not the problem. I keep thinking, apart from the model.xxxx.sii file.
I need to modify some other file so that the doors appear, in the editor.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
A greeting and thanks to all.
tutoveenee

#7 Post by tutoveenee » 03 Aug 2022 19:04

Hello everyone.
I return, this post. Because I managed to make the doors animated.
But now I have the following problem.

1. So that those doors have collision. You need to create a collision locator. But my problem is that I can't get that collision to be animated.
So that it is the same as the movement that the door makes.

2. When I add that locator collision. Once I'm in the game, it slows down a lot, every time I drive the truck through the door. But if I don't add that collision locator. I don't have that problem and the game looks smooth and without lag.
I have been able to know that there is an option when an object is converted into a locator, so that the locator has fewer faces and in this way the game is supposed to be more fluid, but I still have the same problem no matter how much I reduce the faces.
The object I have left as a test is a simple cube. Thinking that since the game has 4 vertices, it will not be slow in movement. But neither is it the solution.

If anyone can help me, I appreciate it.
Greetings to all.

Return to “Blender Tools”