Creating an accessory node?

Digital X

Creating an accessory node?

#1 Post by Digital X » 26 Oct 2021 15:34

How would I go about doing this?

I tried following a tutorial from HFG but my node hasn't appeared in game unless the path names were wrong or something.

All I want to do is remove the mesh of the W900 Grill, place an accessory node there and build several different grill styles to choose from.

I know about meshes it's just getting the node to show in game and having available options.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Creating an accessory node?

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Oct 2021 21:00

what i do is like this

1. mark the whole mesh i want to cut out and make an accessory
2. cut it fron the rest (P > Seperate by Selection)
3. right click > set Origin to Geometry
4. shift + S > 3D cursor to Selection
5. add a new model locator and name it and put it into the root object

now you should have a node added to the truck after this comes the accessory creation

1. mark the node + the cut out mesh and copy it into a new blender instance or collection
2. delete the mesh from the truck model
3. set the model locator to a root locator (Object Properties > Object Type > Root Locator)
4. create a defaulparts in the SCS Parts table
5. move the mesh into the root object (hold shift and move it over it) or click on the mesh, then on the root (while holding shift), right click > parent > object
6. check if it is marked as defaultpart, if not click on the mesh and then on assign in the Object Properties panel

no you should have a node on the truck and an accessory for it, def files you can just copy an existing one and make the necessary changes to it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Digital X

#3 Post by Digital X » 26 Oct 2021 21:07

Alright cheers I'll give it a try.

When I copy the model locator and grill mesh to a new collection and go to the original grill mesh, it's deleted in the new collection.

And then I get a ton of errors on export. You lost me at moving it all to a collection.

Edit: Didn't know I had to move objects into the collection, they're now moved "in" to the new collection.

OK I'm stumped I cannot figure this out.

You say "mark it out and make an accessory, that makes no sense to me. I have faces selected, then what?
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Oct 2021 15:52

select all the mesh you want to cut out from the main truck model, example, if i want the door to be an accessory i select every face of the door and cut it out of the model so i have a stand alone mesh

maybe the video is better to show it
key shortcuts used you can see on the bottom right of the viewport
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Blender Tools”