Help with exporting MOD

RebelModding

Help with exporting MOD

#1 Post by RebelModding » 01 Dec 2021 17:17

Hello, I wanted to add some front mudflap slots for my trucks on ETS2. I installed Blender, installed the SCS Tools, installed the SCS converter, so far so good.

But now I'm trying to export it, and Blender gives errors about certain tobj files not found and not exported (see attachment).

I know they aren't in the base path, but where can I find those files. I already searched in base folder, but I don''t know which file I need.

I hope somebody can help me. It would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

S. Rebel
Attachments
Blender Screenshot.jpg
Digital X

Re: Help with exporting MOD

#2 Post by Digital X » 01 Dec 2021 17:37

.tobj files are generated with your material.

You can untick "Export" in the options on the right. You would have exported the file before the packing process (several options above)

1. With your object selected in Blender, go to the material tab on the right (the red and black circle icon)

2. Make sure it has a material assigned at the object, if not, click the + button at the top.

3. Choose a shader preset, "dif.spec.add.env.nofresnel" is good as it allows a reflection which you will want on a bar such as that.

4. Under the "base" option click "Mapping" and select UVMap or whatever it may be listed as.

5. In the texture option find a texture you wish to apply to that bar, the texture information will be filled with your texture path you specificed. Make sure this texture file is in your SCS Project Base Path.

6. Note this texture must be in the .tga format and by a power of 2 (at least from the textures I have done.)

7. Click the button next to "Settings" in the middle, this will create the .tobj in your base path and display information about the texture used.

Click Export then Pack.
Etrusan

#3 Post by Etrusan » 01 Dec 2021 18:12

His problem are missing texture/.tobj files - you can notice it doesn't specify if it's .tobj or .tga in the log. Solution is simple, update all materials with valid textures/.tobj.
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6700K; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Crucial MX500 2TB; 3x Seagate IronWolf Pro; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

www.etrusan.net
RebelModding

#4 Post by RebelModding » 01 Dec 2021 19:05

How can I do that? I’m a real beginner at this and I didn’t know simply adding two slots would be so hard so any help is appreciated.

Return to “Blender Tools”