window camera and/or mirror mod ?

keepontrucking

window camera and/or mirror mod ?

#1 Post by keepontrucking » 12 Jun 2014 17:23

Hello, is it possible to mod or add a "look back camera" like in scania/euro truck simulator pressing number 2 key ? I've bin trying with the def\camera\units files. I did some copy and paste work with the sii files from scania truck sim, but with no succes, because I don't know what is doiing what in the files the game crasches.

Is there a way to resize the "F2 key" interior mirrors ?

Help is much appreciated :)
keepontrucking

Re: window camera and/or mirror mod ?

#2 Post by keepontrucking » 16 Jun 2014 08:59

After some searching I foundout that Haulin uses a different file then ets2. In haulin you have to edit the ghud file "base\ui\ghud.sii" where you can change the mirror size, save it , and then make a scs (mod) file.

You have to edit for left mirror:
left_mirror: true
name: LeftMirror
coords_l: 12
coords_r: 500
coords_t: 712
coords_b: 20

The right mirror:
left_mirror: false
name: RightMirror
coords_l: 550
coords_r: 1016
coords_t: 712
coords_b: 20

Here I edited the file so it looks almost a split screen, not perfect yet thow :D . somehow when you load or start a game it gives you a black screen, but when you press f3 or f4 it comes up again, so there must be something that gives a conflict. but thats not to bad because you just have to press f3.

It gives you a really good/big view when backing up, althow it feels theres something wrong with angle, but cannot really figure that out what that is :?
This can also work/be done wiht other truck games I guess.

Return to “18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin'”