10th Anniversary Chrome Edition of 18 WoS

TruckHer

10th Anniversary Chrome Edition of 18 WoS

#1 Post by TruckHer » 20 Feb 2017 22:24

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but I recently bought (on Amazon) the 1oth Anniversary Edition of 18 WoS which on 2 discs which includes 7 games:

American Long Haul....Haulin'....Extreme Trucker 1&2....Convoy....Pedal to the Metal....Across America.

It cost $7.00 with free shipping and in my opinion "Haulin'" alone is worth that!
Last edited by Axel Slingerland on 22 Feb 2017 00:50, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please do not edit the first post in a thread when you have less than 5 posts, as it locks the thread until the edit has been approved.
Axel Slingerland

Re: 10th Anniversary Chrome Edition of 18 WoS

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 21 Feb 2017 00:09

Just curious, why would that burst anyone's bubble?
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
TruckHer

#3 Post by TruckHer » 22 Feb 2017 02:08

Only because I read that some people were paying $9.99 for a single 18 Wos game. Just trying to save somebody a few bucks if possible.
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 22 Feb 2017 07:33

Well, I don't want to burst your bubble, but it sounds like you got a good deal. I was one of those people you spoke of. But I don't mind paying full price for games from a developer that produces quality games. I've been playing SCS games for years and I plan to continue for as long as I can.

But I have to say, if you like their older games (like I do), you really should try Euro Truck Simulator 2. I've had it for three years (it's been out for 4) and it just keeps getting better and better. You can try it with the free Demo. If what I have been told is accurate, the demo works for 8 jobs. It has the best driving model of any SCS game I've played. And it should, it is the latest. (Except for ATS, which runs on the nearly same game engine.)
[ external image ]

TruckHer

#5 Post by TruckHer » 22 Feb 2017 18:45

Thanks for the heads-up. I've got so many tractors/trailers downloaded for Haulin' it keeps me busy, but I will definitely give Euro Truck Simulator 2 a try. The only thing I don't like about the European games is that most of the tractors look like vertical cigar boxes. :lol: Guess I'm just used to the long nose, etc.
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 22 Feb 2017 19:31

Yeah, that does take some getting used to. But I have a Volvo VNL truck mod I like and use now and then. The thing I like about ETS2 the most is that if the map is wrong, I would never notice!
[ external image ]

TruckHer

#7 Post by TruckHer » 23 Feb 2017 19:36

LOL! It sounds like your talking about a map from Mexico! :lol:
Axel Slingerland

#8 Post by Axel Slingerland » 23 Feb 2017 20:19

No... I'm referring to being so familiar with a place that you notice when a map isn't quite right. If an area you know very well is wrong, it's a distraction. Or as people here like to say, an immersion breaker. But the last time I was in Europe was 40 years ago, and I would assume the highways have changed a little in 40 years. And even if they haven't, I don't think I would notice anyway.
[ external image ]

TruckHer

#9 Post by TruckHer » 24 Feb 2017 18:15

Then I take it you use a European map? What part? I've only run the US and parts of Canada. I guess sooner or later I'll try a Mexican map. But your right. Some truck stops and companies I don't even look at the map anymore.

Do you know how to install a Mod where you have to change some lines in the storage.sii folders? If you look up the post right after this one "Need help in installing a '52 Bullnose KW" in Haulin' and read the entries you'll see what I mean.

Return to “18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin'”