Can Anyone Help Me Find This Mystery Truck?

Stephen Butler

Can Anyone Help Me Find This Mystery Truck?

#1 Post by Stephen Butler » 12 Jun 2018 13:23

Hello, O Good and Gentle Modders:

I don't know if this question is answerable or not, because I'm trying to find an image or detail of a truck that I used to play back in the days of 18 Wos Haulin'. I'm pretty sure that was the platform I played this truck on. I had never seen a truck like that before or since. Oh yes, a description:

The truck was black. It had four doors - yes, four - it was the only time I've seen that door configuration used. If I was forced to make a guess I'd say the truck was a Kenworth, possibly a W900 Long Frame but I couldn't be certain of that. I just remember the four-door aspect and the fact that it looked great. I used to drive the B-train loads with it in Haulin'. Sad but true, to quote Metallica. In recent months I have started to play Haulin' again - actually, it's not a bad little game - and I would like to reintroduce that truck if possible. I have Googled and Googled until my computer now makes an air brake sound each time I hit the spacebar.

Anyway, I would really appreciate anyone's help in being able to locate this truck, if you can guess what it might be.

Many thanks,
Stephen Butler
Lexx

Re: Can Anyone Help Me Find This Mystery Truck?

#2 Post by Lexx » 14 Jun 2018 20:34

You should have taken a picture cuz our bean ain't that powerful. :roll:
My mods for other games
Sharkoon S25-W, AsRock B85M Pro4, Core i3-4170, Palit GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB, Corsair 32 GB DDR3 1600 MHz,
Corsair CX750, Corsair Force LE 120 GB, Western Digital 1.5 TB, Arch Linux KDE x64, Firefox x64
Stephen Butler

#3 Post by Stephen Butler » 15 Jun 2018 14:55

Yes, I should have taken a picture, you're absolutely right, but back in 2008, I did not possess sufficient vision for such forward-thinking genius. It seems that not a soul on the planet had the foresight to take a picture, either, because I cannot find on Google not one single picture of the truck. If I could, I would have posted it here. If and when I ever do find it, rest assured I will be modding it for every potential game that it is possible to do, that is if I can learn how to mod, because I don't want future modders to sit in front of their computers for hours on end wasting their time in a fruitless search looking for a truck that may or may not exist. It's summer, life is for living, get out there and have fun! It's beautiful weather!

In the meantime, I'll keep looking.

Cheers
Stephen
WerewolfCustoms

#4 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 16 Jun 2018 07:57

Stephen Butler wrote: 15 Jun 2018 14:55 It's summer, life is for living, get out there and have fun! It's beautiful weather!
Probably the smartest words ever written on this forum.

Anyways, I'm intrigued now to figure out the truck... I've seen many toy haulers with 4 doors... something like this?

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
Stephen Butler

#5 Post by Stephen Butler » 14 Sep 2018 19:35

Thank you, WerewolfCustoms, for posting that image back in June. I've only just had the brains to go back to the forum and have a look at the message. It was very kind of you. You will be pleased to learn that I have since located the truck, and reproduce it below. It is a Kenworth T600 Plus B-Train, and is the most beautiful truck I have ever seen. I am amazed that, over the years, nobody has attempted to port this thing from Haulin' to either ETS2 or ATS. Actually, I'm not that amazed, because I have watched a couple of YouTube videos on the subject, and it looks - as those in the scientific community might say - effing difficult. I mean, properly difficult. Get something wrong, and you could blow up your house, that kind of difficult. Make a mistake, and you could turn your cat into Godzilla, that sort of difficult. I shall probably have a try, and take my time over it, so I wouldn't hold your breath. Go and get married, have a family, send them to college, maybe colonise another planet, then come back and see if I've done it.

But thanks for looking for that photograph. I appreciate it.

Cheers,
Stephen
gts-Kenworth-t600-plus-btrain-kv(haulin)goba6372-4.jpg
XXXXX

#6 Post by XXXXX » 24 Jan 2020 14:44

lol i remember making this mod back in the day

Return to “18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin'”