Errors Preventing Export

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Errors Preventing Export

#31 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 01 May 2021 08:16

supersobes wrote: 01 May 2021 02:14 Doing so fixed the error with the Conversion Tools, but it causes an error with Blender itself now. After the export fails, it brings up a window called Blender Info Log with the error shown below. Please note that I have these problems when trying export the Freightliner Cascadia cabs. I just tried exporting other ATS game objects from Blender, and they all worked as they should.

https://i.imgur.com/xS49Gy2.png
missing writing permissions ? blender cant find the location you set up
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
tobrago

#32 Post by tobrago » 01 May 2021 08:52

supersobes wrote: 01 May 2021 02:14Please note that I have these problems when trying export the Freightliner Cascadia cabs.
Do you import the cabin without any problems? I think you made a mistake when setting up Blender.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
supersobes
Global moderator

#33 Post by supersobes » 04 Aug 2021 23:39

I finally revisited this, and I found that the problem that was causing the second error was a simple mistake on my part. I told Blender to use "Freightliner Cascadia 48" Cab" as the name for the mod package. The inches symbol is an unsupported character for file names on Windows 10, so Blender was trying to create a file with an impossible name.
ARez

#34 Post by ARez » 18 Sep 2021 23:33

KrysEmlyn wrote: 01 May 2021 05:51 The error regarding the stream count is due to what SCS does to the models when using that "piko.alldir" flavor of the retroreflective shader.
I've asked about it and I've been told it's a limitation of Blender at this time according to TruckerDog: viewtopic.php?f=163&t=292400&p=1510574#p1510574
That flavor of the shader modifies something in the vertices themselves, but Blender Tools cannot read that, unfortunately.

The only way I've found to bypass the error of the incorrect stream count is go to the line that it complains about, backtrack to the top of that segment of the file within the brackets to where the stream count is listed, and reduce the stream count number by 1.
The next attempt of converting the files via Blender Tools doesn't fail that particular section when processing the file. If there is more than one material using odd flavors like this, it may take a few tries to edit all of the offending sections so Blender Tools doesn't complain.
I was having trouble with this as well, thank you for posting this, it allowed me to fix my issue with this!
Alarthon

#35 Post by Alarthon » 20 Dec 2021 04:29

KrysEmlyn wrote: 01 May 2021 05:51 The only way I've found to bypass the error of the incorrect stream count is go to the line that it complains about, backtrack to the top of that segment of the file within the brackets to where the stream count is listed, and reduce the stream count number by 1.
Im using blender 3.0, have all up to date addons/tools and was getting this error exporting the cascadia cabins. Doing this fixed it. Thank you.

Return to “General discussion”