SCS Blender Tools

truckercech

Re: SCS Blender Tools

#2851 Post by truckercech » 12 Sep 2021 16:33

hi i have problem with ,,UNKNOWN VARIANT NAME "
but i made in blender variants, same name in definition but in log its unknown variant name ... see picture .. thanks for any idea
full picture: https://imgur.com/81SAEPn
[ external image ]
flintstone73

#2852 Post by flintstone73 » 13 Sep 2021 00:49

Digital X wrote: 11 Sep 2021 17:26 No joy there.

In the Editor: https://i.imgur.com/VtadK7F.jpg (Graphics are set to full.)

Blender: https://i.imgur.com/7eJmnFh.jpg (The cylinder inside the post is what I applied the shadow shader too.)

Am I missing something obvious here?
I usually assign the Shadow Material to an SCS-Part called "vis" .... Then the shadow should be visible in Editor!
Digital X

#2853 Post by Digital X » 13 Sep 2021 00:51

Oh I hadn't assigned vis to the shadow object... that might solve it.

Busy with terrains atm but will look into it thanks.
shadowyue

#2854 Post by shadowyue » 14 Sep 2021 15:19

I don't know if this is Blender's problem, but I want to ask a question:
when making complex prefab, AI will directly collide regardless of priority settings. It can be seen in the traffic tools that there is no line between the two AI.

In my map, I hope to realize the alternating traffic of AI vehicles at multiple intersections in the prefab. I know that when the two incoming lines are set to the same priority, they will keep the distance from each other and merge alternately. So I also made hundreds of prefab templates and them run successfully with my idea.(I have a large number of AI in my map. I don't want AI to stop at the intersection and give way, but to pass alternately when the traffic is heavy)

But sometimes, I find that when using this setting in complex preforms, AI seems to ignore each other and crash.

In simple prefab, when there are only one or two merging lines, the AI vehicle distance can be kept to merge alternately.

Or is there a way to solve this problem?(How many navigation points should be added to connect after merge? Or use the traffic rules of "lane joint"?)
This is China Greater Bay Area map editor.
Digital X

#2855 Post by Digital X » 15 Sep 2021 21:46

Having a go at making my own prefab. I got this far, but looking at the Navigation Points on the base scs prefabs they have curved lines connecting them together. How do I make them connect and curve? I'm worried If I don't include this the GPS will break for jobs. There will be no AI traffic on this map however. I just need GPS to function properly.

https://i.imgur.com/V4wXzQP.jpg Hopefully you can see what I'm to achieve.
shadowyue

#2856 Post by shadowyue » 16 Sep 2021 07:11

Select two navipoints and click connect to ensure that the locator of the forward direction is finally selected.
If you want them to bend, you only need to add several navipoints to connect them.
The locator allows displacement, but cannot deform. So if you rotate the locator, the connecting line will also be bent.
Map point is used for navigation route and prefab area.
I suggest you study the prefab model of SCS, where there will be all the answers.
This is China Greater Bay Area map editor.
Digital X

#2857 Post by Digital X » 16 Sep 2021 10:47

Got that thanks, now for some reason when I connect the nodes on the prefab to a road, the prefab shifts into the road past the connect nodes if that makes sense? Like it overlaps. Ugh.

When I rotate it I get extra terrain and it curves around. A screenshot might work but I can do an unlisted video if that helps?

Here's a pic showing today's issue. When I connect my road to a standard scs prefab (T junction or whatever) it works fine. Why is doing this to the terrain on my prefab? If I rotate. it goes in on itself, like something is backwards when it should be forwards.

https://imgur.com/a/UW9te8W Small gallery there. It's probably something simple and I was up too late trying to knock out a prefab :mrgreen:

Edit: Yeah that was a "me problem" I had put the Control Nodes facing outwards. I have faced them inwards now and it all works fine.
supersobes
Global moderator

#2858 Post by supersobes » 17 Sep 2021 02:21

I'm wondering about the piko_alldir flavor for the retroreflective shader. I'm aware that Blender isn't capable of exporting it without causing problems in the game. When I import retroreflective objects from the game, many of them have this flavor of the shader enabled, which I must disable before I export to avoid problems. I'm just a little curious what exactly this flavor of shader does and what it's useful for.
KrysEmlyn

#2859 Post by KrysEmlyn » 17 Sep 2021 02:50

From what I can tell ingame, it makes the retroreflective shader behave more like the reflective shader in terms how it reacts to the players headlights.
The retroreflective shader seems to work best for surfaces that approached head on, such as sign faces.
The reflective shader seems to work regardless of the player's position to the surface that uses the shader. However, textures that use this shader are also transparent.
The piko_alldir flavor seems to combine the two: opaque texture, but will shine in the player's lights regardless of approach angle
Digital X

#2860 Post by Digital X » 17 Sep 2021 17:39

Experimenting with toll gates now, I have the "onetime tollgate" hookup in my map, but I don't know it's linked to a gate to open after you pay. Looking at the prefab in Blender doesn't seem to help me.

In my map I get the "pay 10 euros" message, but I want a gate to trigger when this is activated. How do I do this?

I see "tollgate.ube" and "tollgate.au" and "tollgate.bos"

What are these? I'm reading "bos" as bosnia.

Edit: Just seen some traffic light locator, "tollgate - default : ab_toll". Can't see how it's linked though.

Return to “General discussion”