SCS Blender Tools

vad&k

Re: SCS Blender Tools

#2701 Post by vad&k » 16 May 2021 18:17

tobrago wrote: 16 May 2021 13:15 Quote removed - Don't quote images - Rule 2.13
We can only conclude that the problem is in the original model or in the converter. The error is related to Vertex Color.
set the colors of the vertices not only for the color Col, but also for the Col_alpha. Moreover, the color should not be lighter than 0.5 0.5 0.5.
Andy_LK

#2702 Post by Andy_LK » 17 May 2021 07:21

@xXCARL1992Xx Thanks. No I did not at first, but I did so after you had mentioned it. What I did was (again in points)

1. Import truck model
2. Import interior model
3. Align them (Is there a way to import both and align them simultaneously?)
4. Locate the root locator (To my surprise they carried two different names. On the truck it was toystand_001 and on the interior it was toystand_01)
5. Moved them exactly by same amount (x axis)
6. Convert>Export>Activate but,
7. It hasn't been moved in game :/
My Adventures: Andy in Europe

Support me? :): Chilled Gamer
Smarty
Beta tester

#2703 Post by Smarty » 17 May 2021 15:01

When you are importing the models, have you checked 'Preserve path for export?' If you haven't, you'll need to make sure you set the correct export path for each model in its SCS root object.
Andy_LK

#2704 Post by Andy_LK » 18 May 2021 06:50

@Smarty Thanks :) I'll see if that's the case.

Though I do not think so cause out of curiosity I deleted an interior panel of the model and exported it. And funny enough in the game the panel was actually missing! But on locators- moving existing ones or even adding new ones, does not yield results for some reason. I am obviously doing something wrong here, and I cannot seem to figure it out :/

LoaderSaints

#2705 Post by LoaderSaints » 18 May 2021 06:56

Bear in mind that there are multiple locators for some accessories due to different variants of some models (for example cabins tend to have different locator for RHD and LHD accessories).
CrazyGijs

#2706 Post by CrazyGijs » 18 May 2021 15:46

Anyone else getting a warning of a missing env_factor when trying to import certain SCS models? In this case it's the stock f_light_mid model for the Scania S and R. It's directly imported from the 1.40 ETS2 base.scs.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Intel Core i5 9600k, Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F, 16GB 3000 Mhz Corsair RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070 Super OC 8GB, Logitech G502, Fanatec CSL Elite wheel base & pedals LC + P1 rim, Driving Force Shifter + DIY Scania SKRS.
keme

#2707 Post by keme » 18 May 2021 15:48

Hi all, i have question about 1.40.
I create strobe light for trailer, before this i worked fine - strobe blinking / flashing and strobe have light (maybe it call have lightsource?)

For 1.40, I tried updating the strobe, it flashing on road, but not have lightsource on strobe

I tried follow SCS trailer strobe, but not success

any suggestion?

*hookup also follow SCS new system
KrysEmlyn

#2708 Post by KrysEmlyn » 19 May 2021 05:30

I'm going to assume that you have a custom flare model for your strobe lights, for the sake of discussion.
To have your flare visible both day and night, you will need to reapply the "flare" shader on the texture of your flare model in Blender.
In 1.40, this shader has some new properties that need to be applied for your flare to work properly.

Once you have reapplied the shader to your flare texture, set the Luminance values at the bottom of the shader properties as follows:
First number: 10000 (night-time brightness)
Second number: 10 (day-time brightness)
These values are what SCS is using on all of their beacon/strobe flare models (uniform_[color]_amplified, where [color] is whatever color flare it is, ie orange, red, etc.).

Once these values are set, export your flare model and test it out ingame.
It should be visible now, regardless of time of day.
Andy_LK

#2709 Post by Andy_LK » 19 May 2021 05:43

@Smarty @LoaderSaints @xXCARL1992Xx Thanks for the suggestions guys. I think I figured it out. I ditched the MAN and started off with the Scania R 2009, and to my surprise it worked! I was able to move the interior locators to whichever place I like, and didn't even have to make the same changes on the truck model (unless if you are viewing from outside, in which case they should be changed)

However, when I try to duplicate or even try to add a new locator, it does not show up. Any suggestion in this regard is most helpful :)

LoaderSaints

#2710 Post by LoaderSaints » 19 May 2021 14:14

The locator needs to be assigned to an SCS Part which is used by a variant of the model. Locator names can be a maximum of 12 characters long, in longer names you need to use full stop as a separator. If there are two locators of the same name the game will use only one of them if present in the same variant of a model. For a custom locator to appear as a pin in-game there needs to be accessories available for it with a price more than 0.

Return to “General discussion”