SCS Blender Tools

shadowyue

Re: SCS Blender Tools

#2821 Post by shadowyue » 19 Aug 2021 04:59

@Smarty Thx.It works after that. :D
This is China Greater Bay Area map editor.
CrazyMango73

#2822 Post by CrazyMango73 » 21 Aug 2021 10:28

theblakwing wrote: 19 Aug 2021 00:55 Hello I have an error with converting a model with blender 2.93
and it doesn't show up in game
There's No error message with a model
How could I solve the Problem?
There's not much anyone can do to help with such little info.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/193527766@N05/ - Follow my Blender work here!
Chief86

#2823 Post by Chief86 » 23 Aug 2021 02:54

Hello, im having a starnge issue and not sure whats causing it. when i convert my files with conversion_tools_2_12 and open the pmd in notepad ++ i get the following laguage.

Code: Select all

愯瑵浯瑡㈯⼷㜲㌰㍣晦昱搴㑡愸洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴ㄵ㔯㜱㈳㜸慢敦㡦愸⸳慭t愯瑵浯瑡㘯⽣挶愵ㅤ慢㜹㤵扢㤴洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴搲㈯㡤收㤵㐸㠱㤸昶⹣慭t愯瑵浯瑡愯⼰ち㑢挲㕡㝤㠷捣㈹洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴ㅦ是ㄱ扦㔳搵㌲ち㐲⸴慭t愯瑵浯瑡ㄯ⼹㤱扡㜷㐷㥡㜴㜸㤶洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴收㘯㉥㤲ㅥ㝤㥣ㅦ戳⸷慭t愯瑵浯瑡㘯⼹㤶㍦㙣ㅦ㉥昸挶㌰洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㥦是ㄹ㈳挱挷㜴㐵攱⸶慭t愯瑵浯瑡㌯⼰〳㡡㘳昸㌱ㅡ㑤愶洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㤸㠯愹〷ㅣ戱攲㐱㕣⸴慭t愯瑵浯瑡㐯⼱ㄴ㌴㔰㔵昱㐲㝣户洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㉣振ㄲ㡦㕣㈴搸㘴㤰⹡慭t愯瑵浯瑡㤯⼳㌹㝥㠷搴昰つ挴扡洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㕦是㜵㍢挳㐲愹戲昴⸶慭t愯瑵浯瑡戯⽢扢戰㔶㥢ㄱ摢扣㜲洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㠸㠯ㄸ捣㙥㠲㘷愸㍣⸲慭t愯瑵浯瑡支⽣捥㉣㉡慣㜶慥慥戹洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴挳㌯㡣㔹㐸摥㤴挲搰⸵慭t愯瑵浯瑡㐯⽦昴㑤㌸捡㕥㘵挹扣洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㑢戯㌴㠹㥥㄰㥢〲㤷⸲慭t愯瑵浯瑡ㄯ⽢戱㠴㔶ㄳ愱〳攴搴洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㔸㠯挵昷扡㈱㈵㙢㜱⸰慭t愯瑵浯瑡㠯⽢戸㜷㈸㥣㥦㤰ㄴ搲洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㤳㌯㈹㔴㤲㕥㔷㔶ㅢ⸴慭t愯瑵浯瑡㈯⽣挲㙥攷扣挰㜳敢㈹洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㕤搯㠵挵愲搵㐳㐱慣⹥慭t愯瑵浯瑡㘯⼵㔶㙣㠶戵敤ㄹㅢ㄰洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㑡愯㤴捡挲㌳晦挶搹⸴慭t愯瑵浯瑡㤯⼹㤹㘸㤰昳㌵㠴㈴㍡洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴攳㌯㙥戰攸㙡㙣ㄳ㐶⸰慭t愯瑵浯瑡〯⼹㤰㝡㐰晢㥦愲昹〲洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴敦是㡥㐰㙡㝥攵扥昶⸴慭t愯瑵浯瑡振⽢扣昴㘸㜷搴㡣㜶㉦洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㘴㐯㔶摣㐹搹㑦愱㔵⸵慭t愯瑵浯瑡戯⼸㡢换㕣〱㘵㡥㤶挷洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㑡愯㌴挴㉢愲愹㍣㘳⸳慭t愯瑵浯瑡㘯⼸㠶戹㑥戲㌲改ㅢ愲洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴ㄷ㜯ㄱ㔱㔶㜳晣㌷〷⹤慭t愯瑵浯瑡振⽢扣㥡㝤㘲摡〹㠹㌶洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴摤搯ㅤ㜳攱㌱㈵㜸扦⸸慭t愯瑵浯瑡搯⽣捤㐷昱〵㌴慡㌹㕦洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㌰〯㤳晤攲㤶㔳戳㐳⹦慭t愯瑵浯瑡〯⼸㠰㝢㉣㤳搹搱慡〹洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㡡愯〸㌷㐵㈵攴愶晤⸵慭t愯瑵浯瑡㘯⽤搶㉦捤㉢㘰㐵てㄷ洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㈹㤯攲ㄹ挹〷㝡捤愷⸲慭t愯瑵浯瑡㠯⼴㐸晤扡ㅤ㐷㜳戹㡢洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㜸㠯攷攸戳㔰㡦戴㥢⸱慭t愯瑵浯瑡支⼹㥥㔴㝡〱㌰ㄸ搴㑥洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴挳㌯㕣㑡㉣攰㠵改扤⸹慭t愯瑵浯瑡㈯⼵㔲扥攰㜴㈵〳ㄸ㉤洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴摦是敤㐱㜳㌹〹㥡㌱⸹慭t愯瑵浯瑡是⽢扦㠶昹㜲㥢㐷攱扥洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㙣振㠶㉣㉤挹㡡搶戹⹣慭t愯瑵浯瑡㌯⼴㐳愱搴㜱㈲㐲㕣㠸洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴㤸㠯〹搶㍤㘰㡡摡昰⸵慭t愯瑵浯瑡戯⽦晢㑥㈰㑥㉡㙣ㄵ攰洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴戴㐯㝢摢㈵㙣慢愶摥⹦慭t愯瑵浯瑡是⽢扦愹〶㉤㤵㙡㑦㠳洮瑡⼀畡潴慭⽴ㄴ㐯昱搱㠶ㅤ㠲捤攵⹣慭t
any ideas on whats causing it. i ran a virus scan and showed no viruses. Im a bit confused. its a chrome box that i made myself.
LoaderSaints

#2824 Post by LoaderSaints » 23 Aug 2021 06:58

PMD files are not text files so if you open them with a text editor all you see is gibberish.
KrysEmlyn

#2825 Post by KrysEmlyn » 23 Aug 2021 15:32

PMD files themselves are not text files, but the PIM files created by Conversion Tools are.
If you are using Notepad++, you can make the file a bit more readable by doing the following:
Go to "Encoding" in the Main Menu at the top of the window, then navigate to "Character Sets" > "Western European" > "Windows-1252".
This will change the the appearance of the text to more human readable characters.

For what's it worth, I regularly open PMD files from my Blender exports in Notepad++ so I can see which automat files I need to gather to include in my mod packages.
CrazyMango73

#2826 Post by CrazyMango73 » 23 Aug 2021 17:12

Just wondering what is the best way to make a gold-like material in SCS Blender? I tried but just ended up with a matte material lol :D
https://www.flickr.com/photos/193527766@N05/ - Follow my Blender work here!
deTbiT

#2827 Post by deTbiT » 23 Aug 2021 18:47

You can set your material like below image. I couldn't attach the file. You can directly download dds file from here https://www.detbit.net/download/share/gold.dds

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Result in game:
[ external image ]
room217au

#2828 Post by room217au » 24 Aug 2021 01:17

Trying to figure out what's wrong with this chassis mesh when making a UV template. The rest of the trailer set works perfectly for creating islands and the uv export is good and usable in paintjobs.
Someone told me that 'packing islands' would solve it, but doesn't.
For some reason hundreds of verts shoot off into 'space' and when THAT image is exported as uv template, it looks the same as a PNG.
Any ideas?
[ external image ]
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
Chief86

#2829 Post by Chief86 » 24 Aug 2021 01:44

what you can try and do is grab the verts and bring them back to about where they are supposed to. i had to the same issue with mod uvs myself. also an option. if the model is not using aspebific texture. just unwrap it again using project from view. looking at the uv selected looks your making it for painting. either case it help. hope this helps.
room217au

#2830 Post by room217au » 24 Aug 2021 05:11

@Chief86 Yes, it's for painting. It's an ownable trailer and I just wanna paint the chassis a diff colour than the rest of the body. I will try moving the verts around as you suggest. Cheers.
[edit]
I tried moving the verts back onto the chassis island, but faces were on top of faces on top of faces. I ended up just dragging all the verts off the uv image. Worked a treat.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.

Return to “General discussion”