SCS Blender Tools

Flemming V
Global moderator

SCS Blender Tools

#1 Post by Flemming V » 20 Feb 2015 09:26

You can read more about SCS Blender tools here on SCS blog: http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/02/scs-ble ... -step.html

To Get You Started

GitHub Wiki

Wiki is probably the most important place for SCS Blender Tools knowledge base. There you will find the steps you need to take to begin using the tools. You can also find the download links for SCS Blender Tools. And there is even all the source code of the tools, right in the open, which could be quite interesting for the coders out there:

http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Documen ... nder_Tools

Forum

We have created a special forum branch, dedicated exclusively to the SCS Blender Tools. If you feel you found a bug in the tools, or want to ask something about them, or share your knowledge with the other people just getting started - this is the place to be. We will be monitoring the forums and hopefully providing some guidance, but again, we do not expect to be able to respond to everybody and to every cry for help.

viewforum.php?f=159

ETS2 web, mod page

In case you forget all the links above you can always start with the modding section of the Euro Truck Simulator 2 web page. The links there should guide you not just to SCS Blender Tools but also to all modding guidelines paramount for successful mod creation.

http://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Main_Page and archive here: http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/mod_ ... chived.php

We encourage you to import and check all the models on your own. Now all you need to start is a bit of knowledge of Blender!

You can use this part of the forum for anything regarding SCS BLENDER TOOLS.. viewforum.php?f=159
cocimalovo

Re: SCS Blender Tools

#2 Post by cocimalovo » 20 Feb 2015 14:31

Hi mates! TY for this new tool.
If i'm not wrong seems like similar to the already existing blender2scs plug-in, but i'll thank you anyway right now and i have trust about future improvements... so: good job! TY!

You think we will be able to edit also .pmd files in future? I'm really bad now in this kind of knowledge and, always if i'm not wrong, i can't edit the prefabs with Blender at this moment.

TY!
NazCYPHER32

#3 Post by NazCYPHER32 » 20 Feb 2015 16:46

not a big issue now i think as you can use 50keda's blender as importing plugin,and use the SCS's one when export...
Reinhard

#4 Post by Reinhard » 20 Feb 2015 17:24

cocimalovo wrote: If i'm not wrong seems like similar to the already existing blender2scs plug-in
My impression is, sorry, that you are wrong, indeed. But you aren't alone with this.

Seems a whole lot of people have misunderstood that old famous initial posting in the SCS blog. Where it was clearly stated that
  • it is about to base the existing tool-chain for creating SCS models also on Blender, in future
  • and that SCS will share this new development path with community modelers
So now this existing tool-chain branch will also be used by those SCS developers which prefer Blender. And by modelers of the community. Up to now it was only Maya or something related - either way very, very expensive.

The point is: Nobody announced another model-ripping tool. Which is probably of no use for SCS. I understand that people want to have this, sure. But I can hardly see any interest of SCS to put money into such development. But, hey, this is only my impression, could be wrong of course.

Moderators, feel free to remove my posting if you clean this thread (I feel something like this is coming). But please allow me one suggestion: May be this topic should made sticky and bold, and and should emphasize a bit more, on top level, what the blender tools are, and what they are not. May be we could stop confusion before the end of 2015. :D
ohaha

#5 Post by ohaha » 20 Feb 2015 17:34

No one will remove your post, Reinhard.

Sticky.
Retired, but still loving it.
abasstreppas

#6 Post by abasstreppas » 20 Feb 2015 21:12

Reinhard's explanation for the use of the new Blender Tool is probably the best, so far ;)
50keda
SCS Software

#7 Post by 50keda » 20 Feb 2015 21:31

Yes Reinhard actually read everything, nice! :)

So to confirm his statements and for those who still didn't read Before you start:

SCS Blender Tools is NEW addon unrelated to my existing Blender2SCS and it does not represent existing modding tools in any way.
This is totally new addon to recreate internal pipeline from Maya and give you an opportunity to develop 3D models the right way.
That's why there are "new" formats, that's why you should not search for a way to import models shipped by the game itself.
We want you to create new content, not only modify the one we ship with the games, be creative ;)

Now let's go back to reading of SCS Blender Tools wiki :P
Axel Slingerland

#8 Post by Axel Slingerland » 20 Feb 2015 21:58

50keda wrote:Yes Reinhard actually read everything, nice! :)

So to confirm his statements and for those who still didn't read Before you start:
You know, I was just going to point out in another thread where you mentioned that thread that it has been my experience that very few people ever read "Before you start" threads until after they've started, become thoroughly confused, and have had them brought to their attention. But I thought that if I posted that it would just sound rude and decided not to. But your post made me laugh, so WTF... [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
plykkegaard

#9 Post by plykkegaard » 20 Feb 2015 22:42

50keda wrote:We want you to create new content, not only modify the one we ship with the games, be creative ;)
That'll require a massive amount of documentation, like eg how to create movers, prefabs, road/terrain nodes, barriers etc, that's kind of missing isn't it?

Without the possibility to examine already created content and twist it to ones liking and learning along the way most beginners will be totally stomped and the rest sent back to the dark ages of hex hacking
Is this really what you want?

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
dallyborr

#10 Post by dallyborr » 21 Feb 2015 00:07

I still don't see purpose of this to modding community...that's my opinion, maybe i'm wrong...

I taught it was be pmg/pmd import/export editor like 50kSCS tool was. It came out that this is some totally different thing.

No offense to SCS, or the author of this, as they put some effort to make this, but it's useless to me.

Return to “General discussion”