SCS Blender Tools

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: SCS Blender Tools

#2691 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 May 2021 13:46

:roll: some mesh have a higher vertex color value then is allowed now, this isnt a bug with conversion/blender tools, this is SCS not changing the values on the model

wich means the internal Maya tools are not updated to throw out this warning or BT werent updated internally when they made the changes
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
tobrago

#2692 Post by tobrago » 16 May 2021 14:12

@xXCARL1992Xx The current Blender Tools is set to min 0.40 max 0.60 and should be updated. And I think it should be set to min 0.50 max 0.50 I use it for my mod min 0.30 max 0.50. The cabin model in the open beta version of the game was fine, but when the official update came out then this is the problem i mentioned. I back up truck models so I know what I’m writing about.

@FierbetoN It's not a shame not to know, and please if you don't know what to write I beg you not to cause confusion.
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
xXCARL1992Xx

#2693 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 May 2021 14:20

wow, an option i bet only 1 person uses, i havent used it once, maybe with 2.2 it will be fixed if you properly report it

you want to know why it worked during open beta ? because BT wasnt updated to 1.40, thats why the cabin imported and exported without error, now BT has a piece of code in it that warns the user and aborts the export when it detects vertex values over 0.5, because ingame the surface will look overblown in the light

also FierbetoN is right, there is nothing wrong with BT warning you just because 50k missed a function that is almost useless for people who work daily with blender and use the blender internal tools to vertex color parts

also, easy fixable problem, i found the files for it and changed it, also i added new names for more then 1 base folder and this comes from a guy that cant scrip if his life depends on it, a bit of searching and you would been easy able to fix this problem by yourself
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
tobrago

#2694 Post by tobrago » 16 May 2021 15:01

@xXCARL1992Xx Thank you for the explanation, but but... you didn't understand me again. I'll try to write to you again. Well, I imported the cabin model while it was in the OB version. The same model was converted to a pim file when imported. I backed up that file and now I'm using it. If it was the old Vertex color, the new Blender Tools (2.1) would report a mistake to me, no he does not report the error. And when the final version of the game came out I imported the cab model and when I exported it then it reported an error. The conclusion of the mistake is to the original model in the game and then something needs to be done. I generally agree with your explanation but as you explained to me about the model it is quite the opposite. ;)

xXCARL1992Xx

#2695 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 May 2021 15:05

cabin edited with 1.38 and never touch again for 1.39 or 1.40 exported with blender tools 2.1 and i never edit any vertex color

[ external image ]

and now ?

there is still no error in BT, it works like it was designed
[ external image ]
tobrago

#2696 Post by tobrago » 16 May 2021 15:08

We write about the OB (1.40) version and the 1.40 version not about 1.38 or 1.39

Andy_LK

#2697 Post by Andy_LK » 16 May 2021 15:19

Okay some progress.

Used converterPIX wrapper to import a model and it worked. What I did was,

1. Import> through wrapper
2. Navigate to base.scs file
3. Select model
4. Chose convert only
5. Load pim file from the converted folder (base file location set to this folder)
6. No errors. It worked.

However, upon export (though it exports without errors as-well) the changes I made in the model is not reflected in the game. For example,

1. I moved the toy stand locator to a different position in the MAN E6 cab
2. Converted and exported the model without errors
3. Activated it via mod manager
4. But in game, the location has not been changed :/

Mod has been loaded cause it is mentioned in the game log.

What am I doing wrong here?
Last edited by Andy_LK on 16 May 2021 16:26, edited 1 time in total.
My Adventures: Andy in Europe

Support me? :): Chilled Gamer
xXCARL1992Xx

#2698 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 May 2021 15:35

tobrago wrote: 16 May 2021 15:08 We write about the OB (1.40) version and the 1.40 version not about 1.38 or 1.39
dude, the OB version already had the same changes done to it, your BT wasnt 1.40 updated, this is why you DIDNT get these errors, is this so hard to understand ? BT 2.0.X vertex color over 0.5 > ok, blender tools 2.1 vertex color over 0.5 > not ok
[ external image ]
tobrago

#2699 Post by tobrago » 16 May 2021 15:47

Dude, do you understand that with a backup (OB 1.40) model, is that hard for you to understand. And that with the new BT 2.1 I worked for game version 1.40 :lol:

xXCARL1992Xx

#2700 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 May 2021 18:16

Andy_LK wrote: 16 May 2021 15:19 Okay some progress.

Used converterPIX wrapper to import a model and it worked. What I did was,

1. Import> through wrapper
2. Navigate to base.scs file
3. Select model
4. Chose convert only
5. Load pim file from the converted folder (base file location set to this folder)
6. No errors. It worked.

However, upon export (though it exports without errors as-well) the changes I made in the model is not reflected in the game. For example,

1. I moved the toy stand locator to a different position in the MAN E6 cab
2. Converted and exported the model without errors
3. Activated it via mod manager
4. But in game, the location has not been changed :/

Mod has been loaded cause it is mentioned in the game log.

What am I doing wrong here?
step 4 and 5 is not needed, you can import the model directly into blender

also, did you change the locator on cabin only ? if yes you need to change it on interior model also
[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion”