Suggestions & feature wishlist

tobrago

Re: Suggestions & feature wishlist

#111 Post by tobrago » 22 May 2019 18:29

@ 50keda, When you are planning to issue an update for the Blender tools?
Google translator | Greetings and cheers | Keep truckin'

[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

Discord: tobrago#1504

Everything will be okay in the end, and if it`s not okay, it`s not the end.
AlexeyP

#112 Post by AlexeyP » 22 May 2019 19:03

50keda Is it technically possible at least to implement some checker/switcher tool for dif.lum and dif.lum.spec shaders... It should help to develop dashboards and some tuning stuff which can use this shaders (like some lightboards, led nameplates etc). :)
50keda wrote: 22 May 2019 11:15 then why don't you just switch between deferent presets in SCS Lighting panel (https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... e_Lighting)?
Hmm... I just found out weird thing: something wrong with my scene lighting settings... :!:
[ external image ]
Retired modder
vad&k

#113 Post by vad&k » 22 May 2019 20:22

@AlexeyP, I have the last part of the path is as follows.
/def/climate/default/nice.sii
AlexeyP

#114 Post by AlexeyP » 22 May 2019 20:24

vad&k wrote: 22 May 2019 20:22 /def/climate/default/nice.sii
Huge thanks! Now everything works well. :)
Retired modder
vad&k

#115 Post by vad&k » 17 Jul 2019 19:23

Hello dear developers. I would like to appeal to you with two more wishes. :roll:
1. Today, working with materials in BT is very inconvenient when you import several models. When importing, when the name of the material is the same in different models, BT adds an index to the name of the material (.001, .002, .003, etc.). This is a great idea when you probably don’t know if materials with the same name are different. But if you are sure that the materials are the same, then this behavior of the BT gives a lot of inconvenience. It is necessary to manually check the material for each part and change it to the necessary one (so that every detail using this material gets changes in the settings of the material).
Therefore, it seems to me that it would be great if we had the opportunity to quickly turn on / off (checkbox, button, etc.) automatic renaming of materials. If we have automatic renaming turned off, and the material settings are different, then either the settings of the material from the first imported part will be used as the settings, or the settings from the most recent part will be overwritten (at your discretion).
2. I would like to be able to quickly transfer ALL the settings from one material to another. When I have a lot of details for which the same material is assigned, and I need to reassign all these details to a different material - I have to go into the settings of each part separately and assign it a different material. Or I have to copy from the new material to the old material each setting separately (then the name of the material will remain old and I will not have to reassign the material for each detail separately). The method of copying the settings is not always acceptable. For example, the color settings after copying / pasting may differ by hundredths (I have previously reported this bug), with the result that a material with a different name will be generated.

I apologize for my english.
AlexeyP

#116 Post by AlexeyP » 19 Jul 2019 14:29

One more idea: often it is required to edit some source texture(s) used by material(s). Currently to open texture i need to open "material textures" and look for tobj path to find where texture located on the disk. Then i have to manually search and open dir where this tga texture located. Is it possible to add some button for quick texture opening with external graphics editor?
Retired modder
vad&k

#117 Post by vad&k » 19 Jul 2019 14:57

@AlexeyP, maybe this solution will help:
1. UserPreferences - File - ImageEditor - specify the path to the graphic editor.
2. UV/Image Editor mode - Image - Edit Externally.
50keda
SCS Software

#118 Post by 50keda » 22 Jul 2019 15:44

Instead of auto merging, it would be better to incorporate some kind of "Merge SCS Materials" functionality. This would go over all materials and tried to merge them, will be added to feature list for 2.8 port.

Btw what happens when this two objects have different default looks and properties won't be the same in both materials?
vad&k

#119 Post by vad&k » 22 Jul 2019 18:04

50keda wrote: 22 Jul 2019 15:44 Instead of auto merging, it would be better to incorporate some kind of "Merge SCS Materials" functionality. This would go over all materials and tried to merge them, will be added to feature list for 2.8 port.
If materials with the same content but different names are combined, this is a great idea. Only of course, if all this is not done without my knowledge. Or will the merging of materials be only for materials with the names "name", "name.001", "name.002", etc.?
50keda wrote: 22 Jul 2019 15:44 Btw what happens when this two objects have different default looks and properties won't be the same in both materials?
If by the principle of "name", "name.001", "name.002", etc., assign content from the material "name" for all materials.
50keda
SCS Software

#120 Post by 50keda » 23 Jul 2019 06:58

And that is what I'm asking. How would one expect materials to be merged: by name or by same attributes on same look or by name and shader preset?

Return to “General discussion”