Suggestions & feature wishlist

SiSL
SCS Software

Re: Suggestions & feature wishlist

#101 Post by SiSL » 21 May 2019 10:48

May be that might give an idea

[ external image ]

BASE folder and MOD folder has same structure just like game structure: def / material / unit / vehicle etc.

1. MOD folder will be your own Mods Base Path in Blender settings.

[ external image ]

2. Blender can see and use textures and such from base folder which is sibling of your MOD folder. You can go ahead and pick textures from sibling "base" folder (like vehicle_reflection.tobj from base/material/environment etc.)

3. When exporting your mod, only MOD will be exported/converted as final mod and base will not be included. Therefore, base is only used for common textures, hookups etc. where they are already in game and dont need to be in your mod.
50keda
SCS Software

#102 Post by 50keda » 21 May 2019 11:19

@vad&k export is not as simple as you wrote it, but we could do sth similar to what we have for imported shaders, where you set path of the texture and additionally preview texture: https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... ted_Shader
vad&k

#103 Post by vad&k » 21 May 2019 16:31

@ SiSL, thank. As it turned out, it did not work for me because of the icon that is not shown on your screenshot (the magnet icon was turned off).

@ 50keda, if you are interested in my opinion, then I find such a setting, though convenient, but still unnecessary. Because the textures from the base can be very much and then we get the opposite effect. Instead of light work with models, you will have to sit for a long time and turn off unnecessary textures.
I would prefer to have only .pit files with the correct paths. But I do not use the direct envelope of the models immediately to the finished mod, so maybe I don’t understand the expediency of your decision.
AlexeyP

#104 Post by AlexeyP » 21 May 2019 17:22

@ 50keda Is it possible to add some kind of new lamp switcher tool (light switcher tool :?: :D ) to SCS BT in future updates? Just to be able to check and test dif.lum, light.tex, lightmap.night, reflective, sign and their combinations with different flavors, instead of testing lamp materials.
Retired modder
50keda
SCS Software

#105 Post by 50keda » 22 May 2019 11:15

Not everything you want uses same procedures, some of them are actually impossible to replicate. So what ever requires sth else than normal blender light, can not be achieved. Now if you are talking about simple day/night switch, then why don't you just switch between deferent presets in SCS Lighting panel (https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... e_Lighting)?
vad&k

#106 Post by vad&k » 22 May 2019 14:10

@ 50keda, I would like to ask you in the future to consider the possibility of remaking the light switching buttons in the "Lamp switcher" panel.
The buttons themselves work fine, but unfortunately we have no indication of the status of these buttons. I know about short-term text messages in the dashboard. But I am saying that I cannot visually determine whether a button is on or off at a given time. I have to press the button again and read the messages. This is a little inconvenient, it seems to me more convenient if, after turning on the button, for example, they change color to a darker one (by analogy with the “Variant-Part Table”).
Or, instead of buttons, use a vertical list with check box.
By the way, a similar problem with state visualization is also present in blocks "SCS Parts" and "SCS Variants". I can perform a large number of actions with the elements in these blocks, but I also don’t know for sure whether the objects in these blocks are currently visible in the 3D-view window.
It would be convenient if for example the icon of the eye somehow changed its image. Or again go to the option to display lists with check box.
I hope I have not tired you with my wishes. BT is a great tool, but I would like it to be perfect. :)
50keda
SCS Software

#107 Post by 50keda » 22 May 2019 14:39

Ahaa, yeah make sense about button indications, yeah it will be considered for 2.8

However not sure what you mean about parts/variants. You want to see icon to mark it's objects visibility: if all objects from some part are currently visible or if some of them are hidden or if all of them are hidden?
Etrusan

#108 Post by Etrusan » 22 May 2019 15:44

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I'd love to be able to change the order of parts, variants and looks.
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6700K; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Crucial MX500 2TB; 3x Seagate IronWolf Pro; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

www.etrusan.net
vad&k

#109 Post by vad&k » 22 May 2019 17:05

@ 50keda, I would like the parts/variants to be manually turned on in some way in the menu until I turn it off or turn off any model belonging to this parts/variants.
True, I am not sure that it is being released with reasonable expenditure of effort and resources. Having a process in the background that monitors the visibility of objects is also not a good idea.
And about the indication - thanks, I will wait a lot.

@Etrusan, if I understand you correctly, then you need this
https://modding.scssoft.com/wiki/Docume ... ant_system
50keda
SCS Software

#110 Post by 50keda » 22 May 2019 18:26

@Etrusan: nope, for now there was no clean way of doing this. But gonna check if there is a way to implement this in blender 2.8

Return to “General discussion”