set up right material for paintable accessory

madabub

set up right material for paintable accessory

#1 Post by madabub » 25 Oct 2021 09:39

Hello people,

Short to my person I'm not new to modding just modded for Farming Simulator the last years.
Now I want to experience some new things and as I like to play Eurotruck Simulator why don't start a little modding for it.

So now to my problem. I build a little roofgrill and made it with chrome material that worked just fine with Slots and everything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwxecvkcpoxuf ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Now I want to have the same roofgrill as a paintable variant to.
But there comes my problem I thought "truckpaint" would be the easiest material option for that.
But when I use this material it always puts the whole skin file of the truck on the roofgrill to.
Now I just want to have the basecolor of an skin on the roofgrill or the option to use a extra texturefile for it in a custom skin like it's made on the sideskirts of the newest trucks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbpar63ta0hcf ... 1.jpg?dl=0

As a reference I took the material of painted bullbar from the Volvo tuning dlc but I think I missed something while setting up my own material. But I can't figure out what I missed...

Maybe someone can help me setting up the right material for my use
Underscore_101_

Re: set up right material for paintable accessory

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 25 Oct 2021 13:59

This is somewhat beyond the things i know, but have you added the paintable roofgrill to the accessory file of the paint job for the truck it goes on?

ttbomk that's where it goes, and that way you can give it it's own colour, you'd have to add a colour dds and tobj in the appropriate folder as well.

idk which Scania that is, but the accessory file should go here for the NG Scania S:
def\vehicle\truck\scania.s_2016\paint_job\accessory
and needs to have the same name as the paint job .sii

Assuming that paint job already has an accessory file you can just add a new ovr, or if there's already an accessory that uses the right colour you can add it to that.

It should look something like this, but then with your folder structure where you saved the dds and tobj files of course:

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
simple_paint_job_data : .ovr0
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/scania_s_2016/brouw/brouw_shared_red.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "exhaust_m.mg01"
}

simple_paint_job_data : .ovr1
{
	paint_job_mask: "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/paintjob/scania_s_2016/brouw/brouw_shared_black.tobj"
	acc_list[]: "sunshld.sunshld_01"
	acc_list[]: "sunshld.sunshld_04"
	acc_list[]: "sunshld.sunshld_05"
	acc_list[]: "sunshld.sunshld_06"
}

etc, etc.
}
}
Hope this makes sense :-)
Etrusan

#3 Post by Etrusan » 25 Oct 2021 14:10

Actually it has the same name (xyz) as the xyz.brand.truck.paint_job not the .sii filename.

//Typo
Last edited by Etrusan on 25 Oct 2021 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6700K; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Crucial MX500 2TB; 3x Seagate IronWolf Pro; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

www.etrusan.net
Underscore_101_

#4 Post by Underscore_101_ » 25 Oct 2021 14:15

that doesn't make sense, the accessory file .sii needs to have the same name as the paintjob .sii tmk

This information: "xyz.brand.truck.paintjob" isn't in the accessory file.
Etrusan

#5 Post by Etrusan » 25 Oct 2021 14:39

No, but it's the internal name of the paintjob in the .sii

Eg. if the paintjob name is

tourbus_b951e.sii
and the internal name is

accessory_paint_job_data : b951etourbus.karosa.b95x.paint_job
then the accessory file needs to be named

b951etourbus.sii
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6700K; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Crucial MX500 2TB; 3x Seagate IronWolf Pro; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

www.etrusan.net
Underscore_101_

#6 Post by Underscore_101_ » 25 Oct 2021 15:16

i guess you're right,... different than i do it anyway, but it's a more confusing way, it's easier to keep everything the same, so in your examples, if i were to make a paint job for Heineken i'd use,..

heineken.sii for the paint job name, accessory_paint_job_data : heineken.karosa.b95x.paint_job, and for accessory file heineken.sii

and if i were to make a 2nd Heineken paint job i'd use

heineken_02.sii for the paint job name, accessory_paint_job_data : heineken_02.karosa.b95x.paint_job, and for accessory file heineken_02.sii

Anyhoo, good point.
idk why, but it's the way i've learnt it, keep it simple :-)

Return to “General discussion”