Help creating screen space, please

edsor

Help creating screen space, please

#1 Post by edsor » 23 Aug 2019 17:53

I am trying to create a space inside the vehicle where I can place a screen for the on-board computer (it's a mod and they did it without onboard computer and no stand to put it). What kind of object do I have to add and how can I do it? I ask for your help, please, I have been consulting and searching everywhere, and I cannot find information that I find useful for this particular task. I can't believe it's so complicated.

tobrago

Re: Help creating screen space, please

#2 Post by tobrago » 24 Aug 2019 06:54

See this link for help, it may help. You must first create a 3d (on-board computer) object and then on the truck model to add a locator where it will be placed. Of course, you also need to create definition files. This link I showed explains how to add accessories.
Google translator
Greetings and cheers
Keep truckin'

Image Image Image

edsor

#3 Post by edsor » 24 Aug 2019 09:34

Thank you for your reply, Tobrago. I've seen the link and the videos. But for me it's too complicated, I do it differently. Please tell me if I'm doing it right. First I import the model.pim file from the mod. Once in blender, I point out where I want to create the space for the screen (with the right mouse button). Next I'm going to add object. Then a menu appears with all kinds of objects. That's where the problem begins, what kind of object do I have to choose to create the screen space? Can I do this or do I have to literally follow the steps shown in video 2?

tobrago

#4 Post by tobrago » 24 Aug 2019 13:40

What model, what do you import?
Sorry, but I didn't understand you. Did you mean accessories in the truck cab?
Google translator
Greetings and cheers
Keep truckin'

Image Image Image

edsor

#5 Post by edsor » 24 Aug 2019 16:12

I import the model file located in vehicule/truck/nametruck/interior. It's not an accessory. I want to create a space inside the vehicle to place the screen for an on-board computer. I've been told that I have to modify the vehicle interior model, adding an object that serves as a support for the screen. But I don't know what kind of object to add nor how to give it the right shape. I wanted to create a rectangular space for the screen, and place it below the gps screen.

Return to “Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)”