Syntax Error when click Pack Mod

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Syntax Error when click Pack Mod

#21 Post by Madkine » 02 Oct 2019 10:46

When setting up the mod you can define the project path.

On the right hand side of the screen under "Path Settings".

You can set it to any directory that you want. You just need to place your exported files in that same directory path.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
retoucher

#22 Post by retoucher » 02 Oct 2019 12:13

Intended workflow for SCS games
danbywinby

#23 Post by danbywinby » 02 Oct 2019 12:34

Thank you for that @retoucher.

That diagram really helps to explain things. I thought that the 'SCS Project Base Path' was the extracted contents of the actual base.scs files. Hopefully changing this will fix my issues. Will find out later.
danbywinby

#24 Post by danbywinby » 02 Oct 2019 20:13

Well I've now managed to get the model in the game kind of. It shows but only it's shadow shows and as soon as I extend the building to try to make it generate a second it crashes.

Any ideas?

I've tried making sure that all of the textures that the model uses are included and made sure that it is set to export the current scene also made tried remaking the .tobjs for the textures also tried including the material.db file.
danbywinby

#25 Post by danbywinby » 07 Oct 2019 09:51

Just an update to this in case somebody else comes across this thread in the future.

I've managed to fix the previous issue i was having. The fix was to apply the SCS parts (start, center, end, startcol, centercol and endcol) to separate models. I achieved this by duplicating the main model and then assigning one of the parts to each model separately. Previously i had tried to assign all of the parts to the main model.

Now it shows perfectly in game. Thank you to everyone who has helped.

The only slight issue i have is that if i edit the def to have a gap between each cone then when it gets long enough to generate a third cone then instead of generating a normal cone it sort of generates it as a 2D flat cone and lots of them but if i have no gap between the cones then it generates all cones perfectly.

Return to “Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)”