How to add sounds in .pmd/.pmg models?

FreD_

Re: How to add sounds in .pmd/.pmg models?

#2 Post by FreD_ » 12 Dec 2019 07:29

Sound is a def thing and not pmg/pmd
train

#3 Post by train » 12 Dec 2019 10:13

Do I understand correctly, if I add sound to the model in the blender using standard tools, will the sounds disappear from the models after converting SCS blender tools?
Harven
Global moderator

#4 Post by Harven » 12 Dec 2019 11:00

You can add sounds in blender using model locators and sound_hookup group of hookups but they will probably not work for every type of model. They will work with prefabs for sure but things like movers, ai vehicles or player vehicles most likely not.
FreD_

#6 Post by FreD_ » 13 Dec 2019 10:13

It depends on what you need
For what Type of Model you want to add a sound
train

#7 Post by train » 13 Dec 2019 10:25

@FreD_ I'm trying to revive the train cars, with the sounds of the rail, so that the train feels like a real one at the crossing and not a silent hologram

it's worked!! it's really worked)) not without some glitches but really usable and without crashes,
mission: add sounds to "traffic_trailer' units Complete!
Now i can make greatly update of my mod!

Good. I did it, but due to the many conditions necessary for the correct sound, it will be for personal use only. until I find a better way.
or maybe I did something wrong in the blender, because I don’t have a detailed guide to my situation or an experienced instructor

Started beta test new version of Improved trains, everyone who wants to tell me how to correctly solve problems with sound and optimization can write here
Last edited by train on 03 Jan 2020 15:59, edited 2 times in total.
train

#9 Post by train » 17 Dec 2019 07:53

now I have one more related question, please help me find models of barriers at rail crossings, I was tortured to look for them by typing. I don’t know English, so translating the names of each model is a lot of work. I’ve been opening each model in a blender for two days in a row to see what it is but still haven’t found it. I need the help of those who have already worked with these models and remember where to look for them.
cip

#10 Post by cip » 17 Dec 2019 08:33

dear train, I trust that @Todor Alin can tell you a few things as he added hookup sounds for my emergency packs. and I did not test yet your funny mod (as you describe it) but I will during holidays!
I trust you can make also a "serious" version where all (normal) trains will get real sounds! also wagon... :D
it is possible that Blender tools cannot make it fully working, I believe Zmodeler is better in this matter. but models created in Zmodeler are somehow not accepted on Steam. I tried to upload my emergency packs and Steam gave me a full list of errors...
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)”