[2.0] Textures not tiling

Smarty
Beta tester

[2.0] Textures not tiling

#1 Post by Smarty » 10 Jan 2020 17:42

@50keda I've run into an issue with a large(ish) project converting to BT 2.0 on Blender 2.81. Several of the textures aren't being set to repeat in the viewport (i.e. they show clamping artifacts where the UV extends of the 0-1 UV space). The file also seems to be a minefield for crashing despite having been quite stable in 2.79 (even hiding/revealing some of the converted collections has led to instant crashes) so I haven't been able to test it extensively. One thing I noticed among the problematic textures is that their tobj settings had 'repeat x' set, but not 'repeat y'.

I'll clean the file up in 2.79 and reconvert it in the hopes that I can make it more stable. :?
50keda
SCS Software

Re: [2.0] Textures not tiling

#2 Post by 50keda » 10 Jan 2020 18:48

Well that can be changed. Currently both directions have to be set to repeat to see texture repeating.

Yes cleanup is not a bad idea + try to load files without loading UI from them (https://blenderartists.org/t/ui-import- ... ngs/646926).
Smarty
Beta tester

Re: [2.0] Textures not tiling

#3 Post by Smarty » 14 Jan 2020 03:40

Yeah, I'm not sure what the optimal solution is (unless Blender Foundation made addressing split for U/V). Setting repeat if U or V repeat is on is preferable from my perspective, especially seeing as this resets every time SCS materials are reloaded. Maybe implement some global setting for how to handle this case and then users can decide what works best for their workflow? :geek:

I'm having more luck now with my files, stability-wise. I'd loaded it before SCS Tools was enabled, and without making sure that SCS globals were being read per-file. It's playing nicely with my oldest/messiest file (Scot A2HD) so that's a good sign. Now I just need to adapt myself to Blender 2.8. :?

Return to “Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)”