Icons

Teklic

Icons

#1 Post by Teklic » 08 Feb 2020 05:04

HY buddys can someone tell me how to make skrens in new blender version att all how to set proportys and how to take rander of just one variant of model not all variants in one picture and how export icon so i can put it in mod and it work?

Thank you :)
Retired of moding. Everyone can update my mod and share it with others no need my permision.

bobgrey1997

Re: Icons

#2 Post by bobgrey1997 » 08 Feb 2020 06:45

Not sure what a "skren" is. Icons are images made in an image editor (I recommend Paint.Net, a free software that is bar far better than even Photoshop) and have nothing to do with Blender.
ImageImage

xXCARL1992Xx

#3 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 Feb 2020 10:02

just normal rendering, there is nothing different between 2.79 or 2.8 in how it is done, set a camera, set the resolution for the camera (output properties > dimensions where also the export panel is, set it to 2x the res of the icon and the % to 50)

set the background to transparency (render properties > film)

and then choose wich part should be visible in the render and witch parts not

select the camera and press ctrl+numpad 0 to get into camera view and make your adjustments to fit the image (object data properties > lens, and g +x/y/z for movement)

if you have it press F12 and blender will render it

if you have it shift+s and then save it as a tga with alpha

this should give you an icon in 256x64 with transparent background to use as a shop icon ingame
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

tobrago

#4 Post by tobrago » 08 Feb 2020 10:07

Uses "Render image" in Blender. This way you can paint the scene in a blender. You just have to position the camera to shoot from a certain angle. And you still know how to create an in-game model icon. :)

Edit: @xXCARL1992Xx was quicker in responding.
Google translator
Greetings and cheers
Keep truckin'

Image Image Image

Teklic

#5 Post by Teklic » 08 Feb 2020 13:40

@xXCARL1992Xx thank you! so much i will try i t now!
Retired of moding. Everyone can update my mod and share it with others no need my permision.

Mohegan13
Global moderator

#6 Post by Mohegan13 » 08 Feb 2020 13:48

Generally speaking I just use a greenscreen theme and use prnt scrn. That way if I am taking images of multiple similar parts with variations I know the angle of the image is the same. Not a perfect solution.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

xXCARL1992Xx

#7 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 Feb 2020 13:56

how i do it you can always make the icons in the exakt same angle if you change something on it, you can do it individually for every part, or you assembly the whole truck with every option and then you make icons like i did for the RJL Scania i rebuild

if i change, for example the plastic bumpers color a bit, i can just import the new part and make an icon again, this also applyes if you add a variation of the truck and want to make icons of the ne accessories with the same position to make the mod look more pleasing, so i can just drop in the 5 series parts nd will have 1:1 icons matching just with a different part in it

a faff to set it up, but when you have it you can easily update your icons if needed or make new ones if you added new variations to parts
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

Mohegan13
Global moderator

#8 Post by Mohegan13 » 08 Feb 2020 14:02

I may look into it when I have more desire to play with Blender.

In my case I did it that way because I didn't know enough about Blender to do it properly early on and most of what I do know is self taught.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

xXCARL1992Xx

#9 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 08 Feb 2020 14:04

same here, i just experimented with it and it worked with the intended effect i wanted, s i do it that way with parts only or the whole truck if i need

Teklic

#10 Post by Teklic » 08 Feb 2020 14:05

@xXCARL1992Xx ok i made icons how i can put it now in mod? if i put it like this game cant find mat files, in wich program i can make mat file for icons?

edit: another question, how you paint models wich is added by locator.

exemple you here have camera for mirors and locator for mirors, so when you make new mirors you just import miror pim in miror locator and take sccreen with same angle becose camera for mirors is always in same position but how you put mirors in color, i have option onli to soild it or wire it?
Last edited by Teklic on 08 Feb 2020 14:13, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)”