ConverterPIX - Game formats to middle formats

Post any tutorial and tools you might find it useful for other creators.
abasstreppas

Re: ConverterPIX - Game formats to middle formats

#121 Post by abasstreppas » 14 May 2017 23:04

Use either convert current project/custom parts/all, or pack mod. All of these are below the export button ;)

danbywinby

#122 Post by danbywinby » 19 May 2017 20:18

When i read that this tool had no user interface. I though oh crap this is gonna be a pain to use.

But i'm amazed that it works by simply dragging and dropping the folder with the model in that i want to convert. Great work :D

h4r4s3r

#123 Post by h4r4s3r » 24 Jun 2017 18:34

deleted.

aradeth

#124 Post by aradeth » 02 Jul 2017 14:25

Is there a way to see the errors or a log file after the convert?

Cadde
Global moderator

#125 Post by Cadde » 02 Jul 2017 14:32

Aradeth, check the command window output. That's the only output from ConverterPix.
If you are running this from a batch file then you need to alter it so that it does:

Code: Select all

converter_pix -b C:\ets2_base -m /vehicle/truck/man_tgx/interior/anim s_wheel > conversionLog.log
Replacing that line with whatever parameters you need. The latter > conversionLog.log will write all output of the application into the conversionLog.log file in the current working directory.
ImageGreen text = Moderator action.
ImageWhite text = Opinions and general banter.
PEBCAK errors... PEBCAK errors everywhere! If my life had a log file, it would be filled with PEBCAK.

aradeth

#126 Post by aradeth » 02 Jul 2017 15:06

Thank you :)

mwl4

#127 Post by mwl4 » 30 Jul 2017 10:40

New version of ConverterPIX is available at: https://github.com/mwl4/ConverterPIX

Changelog:
- Support for HashFS (SCS#) *
- Added checks in prefabs loading (no crash if .ppd file is broken)

* now you do not have to extract base.scs or def.scs, just put path to .scs file as -b argument, for instance:

converter_pix -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs" -m /vehicle/truck/mercedes_actros_2014/truck
^ default export path will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs_exp in this case
** Only uncompressed and compressed files are supported in current HashFS implementation. Encrypted files will throw an exception.

Cadde
Global moderator

#128 Post by Cadde » 30 Jul 2017 12:08

Which files are "encrypted" in HashFS?
PEBCAK errors... PEBCAK errors everywhere! If my life had a log file, it would be filled with PEBCAK.

mwl4

#129 Post by mwl4 » 30 Jul 2017 13:26

Currently there is no file which is encrypted in hashfs. However, files in locale.scs/locale seems to be encrypted (3nK magic), but in hashfs entries they are not flagged as encrypted.

Some new tools have been added:
-extract_f
> By this tool you can extract single file from mounted bases. Export path is by default first base path + "_exp".

converter_pix -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs" -extract_f /vehicle/truck/mercedes_actros_2014/interior/model.pmg
-extract_d
> By this tool you can extract whole directory (with subdirectories) from mounted bases. Export path is by default first base path + "_exp".

converter_pix -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs" -extract_d /vehicle/truck/mercedes_actros_2014/interior/
-listdir
> By this tool you can list files from directory not recursively. Result will be printed to stdout. Encrypted files will be tagged as "(encrypted)".

converter_pix -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs" -listdir /vehicle/truck/mercedes_actros_2014/interior/
-listdir_r
> By this tool you can list files from directory recursively. Result will be printed to stdout. Encrypted files will be tagged as "(encrypted)".

converter_pix -b "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\base.scs" -listdir_r /vehicle/truck/mercedes_actros_2014/interior/

Cadde
Global moderator

#130 Post by Cadde » 30 Jul 2017 14:29

There's nothing stopping you from extracting "encrypted" files from locale.scs etc. The files will extract just fine, but they will still be encoded with 3NK magic.

Return to “User Tutorials & Tools”