adding accessory mod

Post any tutorial and tools you might find it useful for other creators.
mkbrower

adding accessory mod

#1 Post by mkbrower » 09 Jun 2020 16:17

I need some help please. I have made my first trailer mod and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I was able to take parts of the trailer, edit them and export edited trailer into a viable mod.

What I'd like to do, is take the edited parts and make them an accessory where gamers can choose if the want to add the part to their trailer.

I duplicated the part, separated it from the parent collection and into its own collection. I then converted it into a SCS root object. I exported it as a PMD/PMG file. I placed these two files into the file path "vehicle/trailer_owned/upgrade/markers/*.PMD"

I then created a folder in the file path "def/vehicle/trailer_owned/my.trailer/accessory/markers/ my_markers.sii

inside the my_markers.sii file in the accessory_addon_data I entered "my_markers.my.trailer.markers

The rest of the file contents seem pretty self explanatory and filled out with the correct data and path to my mod PMD file.

I repackage my mod, and nothing shows up in the game. I have studied other trailer mods with accessories and can't seem to find what I'm missing.

If anyone could help me out It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Chief86

Re: adding accessory mod

#2 Post by Chief86 » 09 Jun 2020 20:28

did you add the accessory node for the part and in the location to where its supposed to be.
Rule [4.4]

mkbrower

#3 Post by mkbrower » 28 Jun 2020 16:04

Sorry Chief, I forgot where I posted this question. The part that is eluding me is adding the accessory node. Does every accessory part need a node? If a truck has an exhaust node, can all your models use the same accessory node and location node if they go in the same place? I have been practicing with a truck. I have three different exhaust models. In the game, I have the exhaust node and I only have 1 exhaust option even though I have 3 different .sii files in the accessory folder. The one .sii file that shows up, I can edit using the 3 exhaust models and each one will display in the correct location for each of the cab/chassis models. I cant find anything in the PMD file other than the exhaust locators for each chassis/cab combination. I have studied files from different mods trying to find what I'm missing and I keep coming up empty. As far as the trailer, I have no clue how to put in a new accessory node. The closest I got was with a file called trailer_config_scene.sii . I'm very sorry for missing your post. I hope you can help because I'm still stuck.

mkbrower

#4 Post by mkbrower » 03 Jul 2020 06:43

I figured out what I needed to do so I thought I would post a follow up for anyone who is having the same problem. I'm not sure why it would matter, but I had to change the name of my exhaust model and *.sii files to get it to work. Once I changed the names, everything showed up in the game accessory menu and each set of exhaust pipes was selectable and placed in the correct position on each of the cab variants.

Return to “User Tutorials & Tools”