Issue with retroreflective shader and the piko.alldir flavor

KrysEmlyn

Issue with retroreflective shader and the piko.alldir flavor

#1 Post by KrysEmlyn » 25 Nov 2020 05:29

I'm running into an issue when using the piko.alldir flavor for the retroreflective shader in the materials in Blender Tools.
Blender exports the model with no errors and creates the relevant automat files as it should during export.
However, if I view the model ingame, the areas that have the material of "eut2.retroreflective.piko.alldir.rfx" appear as being invisible/transparent (depends on the alpha channel of the dds image; white areas on the alpha channels produce transparent areas) and I get lots of these errors regarding trying to draw the vertices:

Code: Select all

<ERROR> [dx11] Unable to map attribute (v.factor)
<ERROR> [dx11] Failed to create vertex input layout!
These errors repeat each time the model is looked at/enters viewing range and weird polygons get stretched across the screen at times.
This particular shader/flavor combination is used on guardrail reflectors and the reflective tape borders on traffic signals.
The only way I can get these errors to stop ingame is to use the retroreflective shader with this flavor deselected before exporting out of Blender.
The models provided by SCS within their own files are fine. It's just the Blender exported models that are causing issues.

Any help or suggestions regarding this issue? I am using the 2.0 version of Blender Tools on Blender 2.83.4.
I tried to look up Blender Tools on the SCS modding wiki to see if there may be an update, but that site is returning a blank page right now. :(
TheOtherCorey

Re: Issue with retroreflective shader and the piko.alldir flavor

#3 Post by TheOtherCorey » 10 Dec 2020 22:24

And here I thought I was getting the error because I use zmodeler. Good to know it's not just me.
Sorry for my english, I'm american.
[ external image ]
TruckerDog
SCS Software

#4 Post by TruckerDog » 24 Feb 2021 16:52

I have asked my colleagues and I have been told that there is no support, since new attribute has to be exported per vertex, which is sadly technically not doable in Blender currently.
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
KrysEmlyn

#5 Post by KrysEmlyn » 27 Feb 2021 17:16

Ah, okay. Thanks for looking into this, @TruckerDog.
I will use the plain retroreflective shader for my models for the time being until there is proper support for this flavor of the shader.

Return to “Bugs”