Some accelerating and braking issues [NOT A BUG]

IGA_Monte

Some accelerating and braking issues [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by IGA_Monte » 21 Apr 2015 22:05

I spent few hours playing the beta and I encountered few issues while playing it.

#1 is the braking. There is a delay when accelerating and braking. I come to a full stop, and I want to accelerate it has a little delay. Also goes with braking. For an example I sit in traffic, cars slowly start to move forward, and I start to move with them, when the come to a full stop, I break but it starts braking like after a second. So I sometimes rear end the cars because of that delay.
Before I downloaded the beta my game was working perfectly fine, instant response on braking and accelerating. I do not know if this is an issue or not, but I did notice the patch log that they did change something.

#2 is the steering isn't turning as fast as it used to. At 50 kph and above it turns a little slower but that's not a problem.

#3 The fuel gauge is wrong on Daf XF Euro 6
http://puu.sh/hmaFL/5bb87ae268.jpg (Link of the screenshot)
Reef

Re: Some accelerating and braking issues

#2 Post by Reef » 21 Apr 2015 22:12

#1 Don't know so cannot comment
#2 There were changes to the steering animation (the wheel now rotates 900 degrees whereas before it only rotated to 780 degrees, whether this has altered the speed it turns the actual road wheels idk, try altering your settings and sensitivity
#3 The fuel gauge (even in your picture) is correct, if you are referring to the blue L.E.D's then that is your AdBlue ( urea additive added to the Exhaust system post burn emissions) not the actual fuel level that is the needle only.
TruckerKid

#3 Post by TruckerKid » 22 Apr 2015 00:29

Code: Select all

-Fixed interpolation of brake pedal using button/key control
^This is the reason for the delay in the brakes. This prevents them from being full on under braking, and instead, gradually applies them. So now you'll have to brake early just like real truckers have to.
legiunnaire

#4 Post by legiunnaire » 22 Apr 2015 00:38

#2 I think the steering is better than before, good handling
IGA_Monte

#5 Post by IGA_Monte » 22 Apr 2015 01:57

Thanks for the comments. I am getting used to the new braking, accelerating system and I'm getting to like it.
As for the fuel gauge I thought the blue LED's represent the amount of fuel you have left, when SCS team put the truck in game, the led's were working together with the fuel gauge. Now in reality and since the beta it shows the burn emissions, wow I didn't know that, my bad :shock: :D
Max
SCS Software

#6 Post by Max » 22 Apr 2015 09:53

TruckerKid is completely right.

animation themselves cannot change input nor truck control. same input as before does same things as before.
but there were some calibration changes in suspension and it could affect friction, traction and overall truck behavior (we hope more realistic).

before 1.17 adblue state was just duplicate of fuel state (easy solution). now it simulates independent state/value based on truck adblue tank size.
on most trucks its obvious, but new daf combination of fuel+adblue gauge can cause some confusion.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
El_Greko

#7 Post by El_Greko » 22 Apr 2015 09:59

Reef wrote: #2 There were changes to the steering animation (the wheel now rotates 900 degrees whereas before it only rotated to 780 degrees, whether this has altered the speed it turns the actual road wheels idk, try altering your settings and sensitivity
I already can imagine the upcoming mods like ( faster steering wheel etc.) :D :lol:
IGA_Monte

#8 Post by IGA_Monte » 23 Apr 2015 15:07

Max wrote:#1
TruckerKid is completely right.

animation themselves cannot change input nor truck control. same input as before does same things as before.
but there were some calibration changes in suspension and it could affect friction, traction and overall truck behavior (we hope more realistic).

before 1.17 adblue state was just duplicate of fuel state (easy solution). now it simulates independent state/value based on truck adblue tank size.
on most trucks its obvious, but new daf combination of fuel+adblue gauge can cause some confusion.
Thanks. I am still very much confused about that adblue gauge but I hope I'll understand it one day.
The links I'll send of the screenshots will hopefully explain my confusion

Right after refuel the gauge is completely full http://puu.sh/ho4BP/419fba7db0.jpg

After a little bit of driving the adblue gauge moves together with the fuel scale http://puu.sh/ho4DO/e78b5eada8.jpg

The adblue gauge stops somewhere in the middle http://puu.sh/ho4Hj/c4dbefbfb2.jpg

I do understand what Adblue does, but I don't understand the gauge. The fuel tank is full, the adblue gauge is full, while driving the adblue gauge moves down together with the fuel scale then adblue gauge stops in the middle.... wat o.0

About the steering, you're right, the traction reacts differently cause of the new suspension update, it also depends how heavy your load is, etc. I quite like it
Max
SCS Software

#9 Post by Max » 23 Apr 2015 16:33

adblue is consumed like fuel. and when you refuel, adblue is also taken.
what confuse you is probably granularity of adblue "gauge". these few leds are inaccurate measurement of adblue.

4x2 DAF has like 1400l fuel tank and 110l adblue tank (see data). consumption of both is in ratio of cca 20:1. so if you have empty fuel tank, you consumed like 70l of adblue and thus have 40l left.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Reef

Re: Some accelerating and braking issues [NOT A BUG]

#10 Post by Reef » 23 Apr 2015 16:48

Wonder if we'll see the option for separate refilling of fuel and adblue in the future, from memory the refilling ratio in my MB Actros MP3 was roughly 3 to 1 (refill diesel 3 times to every refill of the adblue tank)

Return to “Bugs 1.17”