Immense lag on brakes with keyboard [NOT A BUG]

Luke Sauer

Immense lag on brakes with keyboard [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by Luke Sauer » 25 Apr 2015 09:28

When using a keyboard instead of a driving wheel it takes about a second until you feel the brakes hit in after having pressed the button.

In my opinion that is quite to long. Before the 1.17 Beta brakes started to hit in immediately which was a bit unrealistic but the way it is now might be not much of lag too.

I only tested this on a Scania yet, I might look for this phenomenon on other trucks as well.

Deemer

Re: Immense lag on brakes with keyboard

#2 Post by Deemer » 25 Apr 2015 10:10

Last edited by Deemer on 29 Sep 2019 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

Bandit & The Snowman

Re: Immense lag on brakes with keyboard

#3 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 25 Apr 2015 11:48

scanialoverr wrote: If you go to menu-gameplay there is a braking intensity slider. Try to move it right and left and see which is the best position.
I'm sorry but I don't know how that is supposed to cure slow reaction. The intensity slider does just what it says, so you're suggesting it's okay to have no braking for a whole second but then the truck comes to a stand like it has hit a wall? ;)
I wonder about something else: is the delay supposed to depict the slow reaction of air brakes (then it's well simulated, wish other details were simulated this accurately)? Or perhaps the driver's reaction time? I hope not, because I can simulate my own reaction time quite well already ;)
So, how could light and hard braking with the keyboard be simulated? Suggestion: Measure the time between releasing the throttle key and pressing the brake key. If that time is long, brake easy then harder just as it is now, if it is very short, it can be safely assumed that this is an emergency. Modern brake assistants do just that, and if someone wants to abuse it, I'd say it's up to them.

Return to “Bugs 1.17”