Missing textures/geometry issue.

Michal
Site admin

#1 Post by Michal » 07 May 2015 14:42

We are aware of this issue, we are working around the clock to find a solution for this problem and we would like to thank everyone for patience while we investigate this matter futher. As for a temportal workaround we recommend swtichching to the previous build of the game.

Possible solution for Windows users:
Numerous users on XP have reported that this issue can be resolved by decreating value of r_segment_buffer_size parameter in the config.cfg from its default value of 128 to a smaller value. The most common value that improves the situation appears to be 64.
The file is located here: \Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2

If the solution above has not resolved your issue, please provide us with more information to help us locate the curlpit of this problem.

Sending following files will allow us to have a better insight into your system
A) DxDiag
B) game.log.txt and game.crash.txt if generated
C) profile with save

A) DxDiag
Please follow the steps below in order to generate a DxDiag diagnostic file for your system:
- Go to desktop and press WIN+R (WIN is that button with Windows symbol, between CTRL and ALT)
- In the pop-up window enter dxdiag and hit ok.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
- Click on "Save all information..." button.
- "Save As" window should now appear.
- Click on, "Save" (The file should be saved to your desktop as dxdiag)
- Close the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

B) game.log.txt and game.crash.txt if they are being generated
- Navigate to your Documents folder and open Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder
- There is game.log.txt file and should be game.crash.txt if game crashed

C) profile with save
- Please navigate to \Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles\########. The last folder represents the encoded profile name.
- If you are unsure what profile to open, please open the most recently used folder.

Compress all the files and send them to us to support@eurotrucksimulator2.com a brief mention of the issue so that we may tag the ticket properly.

Thank you!
thelastwarrior

Re: Missing textures/geometry issue.

#2 Post by thelastwarrior » 08 May 2015 22:26

Hey ive had this problem myself sometimes the textures would just flicker or look strange i swapped over to the 64 bit client on directx render but it seems to be a possible workaround i havent found any issues with geomentry or missing textures then ill provide a screenshot compareing it when i get the chance
Eric Snowmane

#3 Post by Eric Snowmane » 27 May 2015 22:29

Has there been a fix or any information for this on Mac? The issue still persists, unless I back up to the OS X Beta.

Is this because I'm out of the beta version when I see this issue, and is OS X technically still a beta? Or have I missed something announcing a full Mac release, and it's just a bug that's hanging around, but I ought to be in the full 1.18 or 1.17, rather than Beta?

What's the story here, gentlemen?
lvin4jc

The ground is missing and I can't get any response from SCS!

#4 Post by lvin4jc » 31 May 2015 03:48

I bought this game over a week ago and right from the beginning the ground has been missing. I have no road, no grass, nothing.

That night I emailed tech support and the next morning they emailed me back a suggestion to add a line to the config. file and see if that works. I tried it, and tried it and tried it. I'd say it works about 1 in 10 times I load the game but when it works, as soon as I enter a menu to take a job or deliver a trailer, when I get back into the truck the ground is missing again. So frustrating and it makes the game completely un-playable.

I emailed SCS back several times as I stumbled through that process of trial and error. Now it's been a week with no response from SCS at all. So I emailed the CEO (the only other email on the site) and I still haven't heard anything.

Am I supposed to just write this off and consider my money wasted? This game looks really fun and I want to play it. Help!
Last edited by SimulatorSam on 31 May 2015 08:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged.
ohaha

Re: The ground is missing and I can't get any response from

#5 Post by ohaha » 31 May 2015 04:00

Hi,

You should, first, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video hardware.
Then, try running the game in DirectX, then OpenGL, and see if there is a difference. This looks like an issue with your graphics accelerator.

Anyway, please post your game.log, here (use the code tags) with some screenshots, and, maybe, we can detect the problem. I heard of this issue before.
Retired, but still loving it.
Cadde

Re: The ground is missing and I can't get any response from

#6 Post by Cadde » 31 May 2015 04:04

Please only make one topic on your issue, allow the moderators time to approve your posts until your account has passed the moderation phase.

Can you provide more details please? Screenshots, game logs, system specs and so on.

Post your game.log.txt contents. You can find it in the "My Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2" folder.
You may use http://pastebin.com if the log exceeds the maximum size for your post.
On extended hiatus.
EightBall

#7 Post by EightBall » 31 May 2015 06:53

Just wondering when we might expect a fix/update? Bought the new Scandanavia expansion but haven't been able to play for alomost a month now :(
Cadde

#8 Post by Cadde » 31 May 2015 16:03

When enough players having the issue provides the requested details for SCS to accurately solve the issue. Asking "when will you fix" without actually doing anything to help them resolve it will just mean it never gets fixed.
On extended hiatus.
lvin4jc

#9 Post by lvin4jc » 05 Jun 2015 04:44

I appreciate the effort on your guys' part to try and help me. I still haven't heard a thing from SCS in any form. Really disappointed about that. I don't know how to do any of the things you guys suggested but upon doing some searching it looks like you all assumed that I was playing on a Windows computer. I'm not, i'm on a Macbook Pro.

Does anyone know how to try and get this game running correctly on a Mac? I feel bad asking you and i'm extremely upset that i'm having to try and figure it out. I have two alpha games that run just fine. This game is supposed to be done. I feel that giving them my money was pretty much my part of the transaction. Now having to try and make the game work seems like the part they were supposed to do. But now that they have my money and won't respond to me i'm willing to put in some time to try and play what looks to be a really fun game if someone has a suggestion that seems worth-wile.

Thanks guys.
Komat
SCS Software

#10 Post by Komat » 05 Jun 2015 07:43

It is still happening with the 1.18.1.3 update?

Return to “Bugs 1.17”