If SCS ever updates ALH

TitanLongHaul

If SCS ever updates ALH

#1 Post by TitanLongHaul » 25 Sep 2015 21:45

Sorry to disturb you all, this is very useless, but I think it would be a HUGE improvement in my opinion if SCS Software made highway traffic possible. I would really like to have a realistic feel on the highway and actually report something happening. If there is a crash, usually the cars will just be there forever, with their blinkers on.... Unless you advance time... I really think SCS should make sure police, fire and paramedics respond to highway accidents. While still it might take a while to *somehow* get there and *somehow* clean up, I would really enjoy this addition with highway traffic. I have been wondering if SCS Software would add this in one day. I would enjoy some other updates too. Post your suggestions here if you wish. I hope administrators see this....

Sorry for the color abuse... I couldn't help it! :|
florence3099
Global moderator

Re: If SCS ever updates ALH

#2 Post by florence3099 » 25 Sep 2015 21:50

Trust me, they wont update ALH.
TitanLongHaul

#3 Post by TitanLongHaul » 25 Sep 2015 21:54

Why not? I really think they should at least update a few more times before actually letting it go. I know how old the game is but I would still really like some updates that would make gameplay a little better than it was before. I am going to try to buy ETS2, but I will have to save up a little, so I have money left.

Just a heads up, if I do get ETS2 I hopefully will never have to use a cabover. If there is an option of other trucks. I choose them.
Except the Forerunner Aggressor from ALH.
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 25 Sep 2015 22:28

A better question would be "Why?" That game is very outdated now. And Joe's right, they won't be going back to that. They released several games since then, all based on the different and vastly updated versions of the Prism3D game engine. And with ETS2 up to update 1.20 and American Truck Simulator hopefully being released soon, they don't need to go back to outdated games. Everything you want to do and more can be done in these new games much better than all of the old SCS games combined. So what you need to do is save your nickles and dimes and update to better games. Trust me on this, one drive in ETS2 (and ATS when it's released) and you won't be going back either...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
thebigbadonion

#5 Post by thebigbadonion » 26 Sep 2015 00:13

Really, and honestly you can consider American Truck Simulator the update/replacement to ALH. If you played ETS 2 you would see just how out of date ALH really is. While SCS have been amazing at keeping ETS 2 up to date, ALH is such an old platform now, its really beyond anything they want to do. Why waste their time improving that, when they have a new far superior product very much in development, which goes far beyond anything they could hope to achieve with such an old game. Not many people really play ALH now. If you look around the community, most of us play ETS 2 these days, and are eagerly waiting for ATS.

You don't need to drive the Cab overs on ETS 2 a lot of very good American truck mods exist, but personally I do like my Volvo FH's and Mercedes Actros. Perhaps give them a go? But if thats really not your thing, American Truck Simulator is likely not that far off.

As for saving up for ETS2, its really not a highly priced game these days, quite often its on sale on various sites, and included in various bundles. It appears on just about all major Steam sales. But if your impatient A good place to get PC games (especially Steam keys) on the cheap is a site called G2A. It is a grey market site. Basically its people selling keys to other people, think of it as Ebay for digital game keys. Although from time to time they do sell keys them selves. But you can get some great bargains off there, I use it a lot personally, I recommend you take a look.
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Sep 2015 04:03

There are more than just truck and trailer mods for ETS2 as well. There are huge map mods, replacement or new building models, and new skins for just about everything you can see in the game. There are mods that change the made up companies to real companies, replacement or new train models, you name it.

ETS2 is also essentially the basis of ATS. It will have different maps, different trucks and trailers, buildings, etc., of course, but they're making it so when they update ETS2 that ATS's core files are also going to be updated. So basically, if you like the old SCS titles like American Long Haul, you will love ETS2. When ATS is released, you will be lining up to buy a copy like the rest of us. It's going to be yet another SCS masterpiece.

I haven't seen an SCS truck sim yet that I didn't like, and I think they've made something like 20 so far, if you include the three bus games Bus Driver, the Bus Driver Pocket Edition and Euro Coach Simulator. (ECS is still in development.) Then of course there are all their other games as well, such as Duke Nukem: Manhattan, Deer Drive and the Hunting Unlimited series.
[ external image ]

Centrino2

#7 Post by Centrino2 » 26 Sep 2015 05:25

Duke Nukem: Manhattan
Well.... that's interesting, never seen that from SCS. :?
Axel Slingerland

#8 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Sep 2015 05:51

Oops... I botched the name. It's actually Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project.
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project was built using a 3D engine known as Prism3D.
I of course don't know all the details, but that's an early version of the same game engine that ETS2 runs on... [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Centrino2

#9 Post by Centrino2 » 26 Sep 2015 07:18

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Well now that is super interesting.... I guess SCS couldn't make up their minds back then on what they are going to do huh?
http://www.scssoft.com/dnmp.php

Why bury something like that underneath the rug?
Axel Slingerland

#10 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Sep 2015 07:59

I don't know. But it wasn't buried too deep if it's on that page...

Maybe they did that as a contractor to fund the production of Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel? The first great truck sim... I played that game for years before I found out SCS was still around and making great games back in 2011. Going from Hard Truck to Extreme Trucker 2 to STDS to ETS2 was quite a shock.
[ external image ]

Return to “18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul”