AI attempt to ignore lane change blinker

CXN2615

AI attempt to ignore lane change blinker

#1 Post by CXN2615 » 28 Jul 2015 03:51

I can't say if they totally ignore it or not, but they do became much more aggressive.
It's still OK to wait some more time on high-way...
But when it comes to avoid a Hiway Exit, or to join a Hiway stationary, it becames very hard. :|
CZ_BPK

Re: AI attempt to ignore lane change blinker

#2 Post by CZ_BPK » 28 Jul 2015 14:02

I have the exact experience, when changing lanes on the high way, AI traffic does not give way.
Using the blinker/signal does not make the AI slow down or give you room to change lane.
Max
SCS Software

#3 Post by Max » 28 Jul 2015 19:12

why it should?
prority has the car that does not change the lane. you have to give way to them.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
CXN2615

#4 Post by CXN2615 » 28 Jul 2015 19:24

The real annoying things is, if you leave a fuel station and join a Highway, stop to wait near AI pass, then, just when you see nothing in your mirror and accelerating to the highway, there might be a blind AI crash into your back without brake :o .......
AI reacting to blinker have been introduced for a year and works very well, why should we cancel it? ;)
supric

#5 Post by supric » 29 Jul 2015 07:52

CXN2615 wrote:But when it comes to avoid a Hiway Exit
Truck driver must drive in outer lane only (except overtakes). What is the problem with highway exit?

This is realistic issue )))
CXN2615 wrote:The real annoying things is, if you leave a fuel station and join a Highway, stop to wait near AI pass, then, just when you see nothing in your mirror and accelerating to the highway, there might be a blind AI crash into your back without brake :o .......
AI reacting to blinker have been introduced for a year and works very well, why should we cancel it? ;)
There is a one undeclared feature in the game. Move to the end of joining lane, when you'll reach it - traffic in outer lane will stop & give you way.

It's not realistic, but you can use it if you want.
TwinShadow

#6 Post by TwinShadow » 06 Aug 2015 16:02

Forgive me for not playing on a non-modded profile, hadn't had a lot of time since I was trying to do some tests. If I remember at some point, I'll make another video without any mods. But I have noticed this after I tested things further. I thought at first maybe it was the Scania T I was running for a while, until I used the SCS Default Renault Magnum to test out this "maybe" bug.

There are two points where I believe the AI should have let me change lanes because they were quite far back behind my trailer, yet they continued on as if I had no blinker. I tried using my hazard flasher, but I didn't catch an AI in time with one. For a normal blinker, the AI will not yield, at all. With the hazards, I found it interesting that the AI does in fact yield, or even slow down in some cases.
Hanfree

#7 Post by Hanfree » 31 Aug 2015 02:11

Hi i see the same problem (not moded version)
Last edited by morrelo on 31 Aug 2015 07:05, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Corrected youtube link.

Return to “Bugs 1.19”