Job List Goes Blank Under Certain Conditions

LazyEvul

Job List Goes Blank Under Certain Conditions

#1 Post by LazyEvul » 12 Aug 2015 01:25

The freight market listings go blank if you do the following:

1. Select a job for your GPS to route you to (it may need to be on one of the later pages for this to work, not quite sure)
2. Return to the job list.
3. Select a city.
4. Deselect the city, then select a city before the full list of jobs finishes scrolling your selected job.

Here's a screenshot of what ends up happening: https://i.imgur.com/z0K0xrv.jpg

The listings can easily be restored by selecting the city a second time, scrolling to the next page of listings (if applicable), or clicking on any of the pages using the page selector at the bottom. Clicking on the blank space itself does nothing.

I'm running game version 1.19.2.1s (64-bit) with Going East and Scandinavia DLC, have recreated the bug many times without mods. It's a very minor bug that probably won't happen often, I admit - the only reason I discovered it is because of an issue with my mouse. But I figured it's worth reporting. Up to SCS to decide if it's worth fixing.

I didn't see anything noteworthy in the game.log, but just in case, I've uploaded it here: http://pastebin.com/jBnUkW7E
Axel Slingerland

Re: Job List Goes Blank Under Certain Conditions

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 12 Aug 2015 05:01

Not all mods are created equal. Sometimes you can deactivate a mod and parts of it still linger in the saved games, thus never go away until you delete those saved games. Mods that can have this side effect are maps, trucks, and trailer packs, among others. It doesn't happen all the time, or with every mod like the ones I mentioned, but it happens often enough that a lot of people have problems. If you have deactivated a trailer pack recently, try resetting the economy. That might help.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
jarvik79

#3 Post by jarvik79 » 12 Aug 2015 07:15

Confirmed, I see this too on a vanilla profile. Ignore what Axel said as he's talking about an entirely different issue.
LazyEvul

#4 Post by LazyEvul » 14 Aug 2015 00:09

Definitely not an issue with lingering mods, Axel. I've successfully recreated this bug using a profile that I have never used mods on, and resetting the economy does not fix it. This just seems to be an issue with the game not expecting to be interrupted while it scrolls through the job list to your selected job.

Return to “Bugs 1.19”